Latest quilt---lotsa stitching!

This was a fun one! The piecer used a focus fabric with circular design that had a Moorish feel. She wanted a BIG circle in the center and some elaborate quilting using motifs from the fabric in the rest.

There I sat pondering how to stitch a big circular design that was bigger than the stitching field. The entire thing was a challenge. The feathers in the gold border are from Heirloom Feathers by Darlene Epp--love that book! This one required a lot of stand-and-stare and white board doodling.

Here's the full shot.

post--13461904359834_thumb.jpg

Beautiful quilting !!!! How did you do the design in the cream/gold (?) area around the center? Looks like lots and lots of CCs. Did you block it out somehow? I love the feathers, too..............I REALLY need to take time and practice those more. I just love the feather designs I see you all can do. :D

Beautiful, Linda! Beautiful. You are silly... :P you say you are lazy, then you show us someting like this beauty and there's no way we can believe you are lazy... also, you know I've seen you and Dens, and its is clean, neat and so pretty... comfy and relaxing.. that's not lazy to make that happen. Hugs you two!!

RitaR

Archived