My daughter has Leukemia

My world turned upsidedown 9 weeks ago. My oldest daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia. She has gone through three rounds of chemo, which has put her into remission, for now, but she needs to have a bone marrow transplant. Her sister does not match, so we are now looking into the national registry to try to find a donor.

So...how can you help?? Please consider getting tested (a simple swab of the cheek is all that is needed) to see if you match my daughter or someone else in need of a transplant. Go to http://www.marrow.org/ for information about what it means to become a donor. You can find out through this site where a donor drive is being held near you. Just click onto 'join now', type in your zip code and click onto the distance you are willing to travel to get to a drive. It will list any upcoming dates and locations. If none are listed, you could also check with your local hospital, cancer center or the Red Cross for possible testing locations.

Please, please consider being tested. And more important....if you match someone...please become a donor. You could give someone, like my daughter, a future!!!!

Thanks for listening

Keep her in your thoughts and prayers

*hugs

Crys

also...those of you on Facebook...check out the group Marrow4Michelle become a friend...thanks

Hi, Crys,

My sister has two children that have had leukemia. Her oldest son, Zach, had a transplant from the national registry. Now her daughter, Sydnee, has leukemia. It is heart wrenching, but there is hope. The national registry is a wonderful thing and has saved many lives. I am on the registry, as is my son in the Navy and my husband. My daughter is too young (17) but I bet when she turns 18 she will be tested. Please keep us posted as to your daughter's status. Many good thoughts and prayers are headed your way!

I cannot donate, although I wish I could. I can pray though. So I can do that! I am praying for Michelle and all those stricken by this disease. Please God, inspire many many donors who are able to help fight this dreadful disease! May you and your family find peace and strenght. God bless!

Charmaine

Crys,

Focus on the positive and try to feel our prayers and warm thoughts to comfort you. I am praying that you and your daughter are the next success story. My cousin just went thru all of this, and she is doing so great right now.

Thinking of you and hugs to you both. Crystal

Archived