Customer sampler quilt challenged me outside my box

CindyT

This is the customer quilt I almost got burnt out on. I was trying to do something different in each block. I used to meander everything that I don't use my Quiltazoid so this really got me thinking outside my box. There's tons of QZ stuff on this. I hope she likes what I did since she said "do whatever" on it. Thanks for looking.

post--13461904562766_thumb.jpg

Wow--look at you go with your QZ--and mine has just been collecting dust for a while--been doing too many allovers--need to pull out a few of my tops and do some spiros again--LOVE all the custom treatments you gave this--and please tell how you did the chevron border treatment!!

Keep it up!!

I used the QZ crosshatch template for the rose border treatment. I just lucked out on how it came out because it wasn't planned. I started on one end and did like 5 lines diagonal, then went to the middle of the last line and started going the other way 5 times and repeated (if memory serves me correctly). Somehow I had to go back and fill in the corner though. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I really was flying by the seat of my pants on it. :o

I delivered the quilt to the customer at guild today and she didn't want to wait until she bound it to do show and tell. It was a big hit, she was tickled pink, and I was thrilled that she liked it so well.

Thanks again for looking and the comments from all you generous friendly quilters! Much appreciated!

Archived