caution - sad....

Darlene,

My heart aches for you and the loss of your dad. Like everyone else, though, I am happy that you got to hear the words "I love you, too." May you hear those words over and over in your head as you go through this tough time. Thank you for the reminder to say the important things now, not later.

Lynn

Darlene,

I too am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is never easy to go through loosing a parent and it was so great that you got to share your feelings...even though you knew all along that he felt that way, it was good to hear it. My dad was the same way and I lost him 4 years ago. It is very hard. Hugs to you!

This will be a memory you will have close for the rest of your life. My dad passed in 1995 and those were his last words to me --- He was never very expressive for most of his life, I think the same as a lot of men of his generation - WW11 or there about. But in the last few years of his life - he did share his memories and love - and sharing those 3 little words became easier for him. Very precious memories--

Love to you,

Jane

Darlene, your dad gave you such a special gift. My step-dad apologized to me on his death bed. It gave us both peace. I just wish my mom would do the same thing, but I doubt that will ever happen. Saying I love you is one thing, owning up and saying you're sorry is another. From this I have learned to tel my kids I love them AND I admit and say I'm sorry.

Darlene,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a parent. At the same time, it is also wonderful, just wonderful, to have those words as your last memory of your Dad. I lost my dad a year and a half ago, and have discovered that those last words are precious and stay with you forever. I'm praying for you.

Jess

Darlene

I'm sorry for your loss as well. I just lost my brother August 23rd. I, like you, was able to say my goodbyes and be with him in his passing.

I have been fortunate that I have been there for both my mom and dad when they passed and nothing was left unsaid. I thank the good Lord up above for giving me that opportunity. The lesson I have learned from their passing is always say and do what you need to before it is too late.

I also agree with you about being part of this FAMILY. I have never seen anything like it. I too appreciated all of the knowleged that these members so willingly share with everyone. So, all of you out in cyber space...thank you and I do hope that someday we can meet.

I am so sorry for your loss. I, too, lost my dad 4 yr ago. I loved him very much and knew he loved me. Several years ago, after reading something, I wrote my dad a letter telling him how much I loved him and what he meant to me, and what a great dad he was!

My mom told me later that he kept my letter in a drawer in their bedroom. He never really expressed in words how much he appreciated that letter but I knew. It makes me tear up now just thinking about him.

Love them and tell them so while you have them.

Darlene - I'm sorry for your loss. There's never a good time to say goodbye to a loved one. And as far as eloquence, I think you did a very wonderful job of telling us that life is short and grab all the moments you can. God bless you.

Linda

Denice, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you must be hurting at this time. Just take what these friends and wonderful people have said to me and apply it to your pain also. I will send up prayers for you and your family also.

I am overcome with emotion at the outpouring of support from this precious group. You are truly amazing. Thank you so much. We have the visitation tonight and funeral tomorrow. I've been cleaning my house today and just logged on to check email and of course visit my friends here.

Thank you again and may God bless each of you with an endless supply of fabric, thread and time to quilt!:D

Darlene, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my father in 1998. He was only 49 years old (colon cancer). He was the best father anyone could have asked for. If you had asked me that when I was a teenager, I would have never admitted it. My dad raised me and my sister and was very strict in every aspect of the word but it wasn't until I moved away from home and especially once I had children that I realized just how much he had to give up and what he had to bear the brunt of all those years. We became very close and I miss him so much! I wasn't daddy's girl (my sister held that spot) but he was my life! During his sickness we became even closer and we both had the chance to share an even greater bond than we had before. My dad wasn't good at saying "I love you" but I always knew he did. I'm praying for you and your family to get through this difficult time. I hope you have wonderful memories to make you smile throughout each day when you think of him. I know I do of my dad.

If you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to quilt with, I'm here for you.

Your neighbor in VA,

Carol

Archived