caution - sad....

If you love someone - tell them. If you want to thank someone for doing something nice for you - do it. If you just want to visit and laugh again - do it. Don't wait. I didn't.

My dad passed away this afternoon. We said our good byes yesterday. The last words he said to me - "I love you too"........................ It took 47 years for him to say it but he did.........................

:(

I debated about sharing this but I feel close to some of you and have chatted with some of you. You are all very special and I even share with my DH some of your stories and of course your prayer requests. I'm not very eloquent with my words or some of my postings but I do consider you my quilting friends. I talk about you and my children say who?! Then they laugh and say yeah right - when I say I have friends at the North Pole, MN, CA, PA and other places. I don't comment much because I always trip over my tongue and what's in the brain never comes out right either on the tongue or keyboard.;)

I have learned so much from each of you - I know I'll never be able to repay you for that. But thank you for sharing your stories, your successes, your disappointments so that others could learn, everything - thank you ladies and gentlemen. I appreciate each and every one of you. This chat board/room is the best. No matter what machine you have or where you're from. It's made of people who care about quilting and other people. Thank you quilters for everything.............

(((hugs to you sweet Darlene))) I am glad you shared this very special moment with us. I think that some men have trouble with using words, but those types (and most men) tend to show their love by actions, not words. So if you think back you will probably recall thousands of actions your dad did for his kids, his wife, etc. Men are Do-er's more than they are Say-ers. :)

Darlene, I am so sorry for your loss. You said everything perfectly, don't ever think you have not. You are among friends who are like a family here. Shana is right, men have a hard time saying these words, "I love you" or "I'm sorry", but they do love you and sometimes they are sorry. But they are mostly tough guys who think that kind of stuff makes them look week. I will keep you and your family in my prayers during this difficult time.

Darlene

I am so sorry as well for you loss and thankful that you were able to share your thoughts with us and your sorrows. We are family here and we do talk about our fellow quilters like everyone knows who they are. I often share prayer requests with my family and they ask now who is this. I just say it doesn't matter if they know them or not because The Lord knows them and that is all that counts.

Praying for you and your family.

Darlene,

So very sorry you lost your Dad. Loosing parents is soooo hard. I'm happy though, that you got to hear those most precious words ("I love you too") to cherish for the rest of your life. I was estranged from my Dad for many years but "fixed" all that a few years ago, now we visit and talk often AND tell each other "love you" every time we talk. His health is not good now, but I will always have these last few but so sweet years to warm my heart. I hope your sweet memories of you Dad will warm your heart every time you think of him. ((((HUGS))))))

Darlene, my heart goes out to you and your family, I'm so sorry to hear your dear dad has passed and what a blessing that you were able to share such important words.

Never worry about how words come out amongst friends. I read an old saying years ago and I never forgot them. It goes something like this.

Friendship is being able to express and share yourself, chaff and grain all mixed together, and with a breath of comfort from a dear friend, the chaff is blown away and only the grain remains.

(((((Hugs))))) and prayers to you and your family.

Darlene,

Our thoughts are with you during this tough time. You were blessed to be able to say goodbye to your dad, tell him how you feel, and hear the words you longed to hear all those years. I understand how you are feeling right now. I spent a month caring for my dad when he chose to stop dialysis and spend his remaining days at home. While it was the most difficult thing I have ever done, like you I realized that I was blessed to be able to say what I wanted to say and had the time to do so. Most people are not so lucky and your advice to tell those you care about how you feel...right now...is right on!

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Archived