NQR - My Final Update

Had my followup appointment with the surgeon after the angiogram last week. Thought I was looking at a bypass, because he had told my sister after he came out of the surgery that the subclavian artery on the left was completly blocked, and that he would go in through my callarbone to do it. Weeellll, today is the first time I've seen him since right before they knocked me out lst week, and after he reviewed all the films it turns out that I don't need one! The blockage is right below the branch that goes up into the brain on the right side and off into my left arm, so for all purposes I should be having symptoms on the left side in my arm at least. No symptoms. Seems that a vein has decided to take on that burden! Blood is going to my brain through the other normal routes, and a simple vein has become the return route, taking a sharp left turn at the top point of the blockage, and going into my left arm to supply blood there and returning noramlly for the correct circulation. He called it an ocluded subclavian artery with subclavian steal. Subclavian Steal Syndrome. I had Googled as much as I could about this artery where the blockage is so I had seen this syndrome mentioned and hoped this was what they would find. He said the blockage has been there for years and since I'd never had any symptoms he wasn't going to rock the boat, surgery just is not needed. He said Ged designed our bodies to do these things to just fix itself. The vein doing the work should be like a thin pencil line thick, instead it is now about about 10 times that big and doing all the work of an artery with no stress. I'll see him in a year unless I begin to have symptoms,. He played the video over and over, said he'd never seen such a clear example of a Subclavian Steal. He was hilarious, he just kept playing it over and over, saying "watch, here comes the dye, going up, thank you God, highlighting the artery's, now it's going through your brain, thank you God, here it comes back down....OOPS! GO LEFT! TAKE CARE OF THE ARM! Now come on back and go south...thank you God..." He's Greek and does a lot of teaching, he was just too funny! And how cool is it to have a Vascular Surgeon digging around in your circulatory system and praying and thanking God the whole time! I love my Dr! I signed a release for him to use the videos in classes, asked him to just not show my face on the internet! :D:D:D Isn't God good? He gives us believing Doctor's!

Archived