Heavy heart

Kay, I am praying for you and for dear James. God gave us a purpose here on earth to serve each other. He has allowed our paths to cross so all the dear sisters on this list can offer their love and support and hold each other up in times of sorrow and pain. Tell James we truly care and pray for healing--so that he once again is pain free. God bless you both and give you peace and strength.

Kay,

I am so sorry to hear your son is having a particularly difficult time right now. I know it breaks your heart and you would do anything to help him. Luckily, we live in a day and age that medical technology is always advancing. I truely hope that technology advances quickly enough to give your son some relief soon.

Please remember to take care of yourself, you cannot help your son if you are not well yourself. We all want you both to be around and healthy for a long time.

Lisa

Kay, I'm just now seeing this, I haven't been on in a couple of days. I sooo understand how he feels! How do you tell someone you hurt all over and they understand it's not like you ache with the flu, it's more like a steam roller just rolled over you and smashed everything in your body? It just hurts EVERYWHERE at once and individually at the same time. My heart goes out to him knowing he has to press on in spite of it. I'll be praying for him. I found this one day as a link in something completely different. It's by a woman with Lupus but applies to other illnesses as well.

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/navigation/BYDLS-TheSpoonTheory.pdf

Kay, I just read this thread and am so sorry to hear about your son. My niece who is more like a daughter to me has MS also. She has had it since high school and she is 32 now. Some days are so hard for her and then she feels good for awhile. It is so hard to see our loved ones suffer. My heart goes out to you and your family. Prayers and hugs coming your way.

Judi

Kay , there is no greater pain for a mother , than when she cannot help her child .. I too have a daughter with MS , she started showing signs if it three years ago . She will be 47 Dec. She is in a wheel chair most of the time or bed .. like your son she is in pain and takes lots of meds. I pray and have hope that there will come a day when they find out more about MS and how to treat it or fix it ..... Please know your not alone , nor your son ....you can always e-mail me ...your both in our prayers .. My daughter loved his poem , she said... he told just what she feels also ..

Some days are better than others. He has 4 children and is a great Father to them. His oldest, (Scarlett) told me that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. So she can find a way to help her Dad and others with MS. I hope she makes it! His greatest worry is that he will not be able to raise his kids or give them the things he wants to because of his health. Thank God his wife is a dedicated wife and mother. It takes a special person to stick it out when the going is getting this rough!

For all of you, thank you for your prayers. I will include you all in mine as well.

Kay, I understand your pain as a mom who can't do anything to help your son.

My son suffered a TBI (traumatic brain injury) as a result of a drunken driver. He now has short-term memory loss, and has a hard time being around people he really doesn't know.

It takes away the quality of life for these young men. My son will be 26 in Nov.All we can do is have faith, pray, and hope our children's hearts are filled with Gods love!

Kay, I totally understand, I nursed our son for 2 years.. and all we could do was give shots, IV infusion, meds and take him to Dr.appts. He liked to have clean clothes every day even if he didn't get outside, and that was fine, too.

I't so hard, we had to just thank God for helping him thru AIDS and and for trusting us to care for every day we were given the privilege of borrowing one of Gods Children. Children are never ours without being God's child first, and last. Also a lot of prayers for those who care for him, and love him. God smiles when he sees people caring so about others less fortunate..

Big ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to ALL, and bigger prayers for all..

May Gods will be done. It is so hard, but once we give over our child/children, any family or friend members, and get out of Gods way, It seems to get easier. Not better, just easier.

God only gives special children to special parents.. who will love and care for them most.. He must love you a LOT.

I feel so, for all of you. God Bless,

Kay,

I'll keep James, you and your family in my prayers. I'm so sorry that you have to watch your child suffer, that must be a horrible pain. I know watching my hubby suffer is not easy but he is such a good role model for me. He never complains and just keeps going on. Hang in there ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))).

I don't know how he is today. He lives in Tyler area and I'm in San Antonio. His poem just made me so sad. I pray he is better today. He'll call me if he needs his Mama. He has a wonderful wife and 4 lovely and helpful children. He can work from home if it's so bad he can't drive. God bless his boss for making such things possable for him.

Kay adding my prayers to those already going up. One of my dear friends has MS too and I know how bad she feels some days. May you find comfort here in long distance hugs and prayers. and let your precious son know he has many people praying for him here.

Archived