Heavy heart

My son is having a flare with his MS, he wrote a poem on his face book page, I've just read it and my heart is breaking! How do you stand it when you cant help them??

PAIN

Some days are good, everything is alright.

Everyone sees me, in a happy bright light.

Those days are joyous, smiles take flight.

But around the corner, is my painful plight.

The Pain is everywhere, it fills my soul.

Nothing can help it, not even hydro-codone.

It runs through my hips, my back and my toes.

No one understands, it's like breaking my bones!

Now I can’t walk, except with a cane.

But that brings on, it’s very own pain.

I should be young, full of fire and spit.

I’m only twenty-nine, but my body is shit.

No one understands the pain of the day.

I fight through it, like trudging through rain.

I go on for my family, my friends and my job.

But why MS? My life it did rob.

Please pray for him.

Kay

I know exactly what you and your son are going through. Both my dauthter and I suffer from a chronic illness. My daughter has ms . Lots of pain everywhere. Some days it is difficult to role out of bed or even to stay awake for any lenght of time because you become so exhausted of trying to move.

I don't know if there is such a thing as pain management courses in the states but it is worth looking into. They teach you how to deal with the daily(drejury?) of getting your ten ton body to move, how to deal with it mentally and to be aware of the triggers. It is a very good program.

Chronic paid is very difficult to deal with both for the person suffering and for family/friends and co-workers sitting on the side line watching. My prayers are with you and your son. It is not easy and it is very difficult as a parent to watch your loved one suffer. ((((hugs)))))

Kay, My thoughts are with your family. My sister is going thru' a rough time herself right now with her MS. She is 48 and in a nursing home. I think they are ready to take her automated wheelchair away from her and I don't know how she will handle that as it gives her a bit of freedom. Over the summer, she begged her neurologist for a chance to be a guinea pig for the Liberation treatment but he just poo-pooed the notion.

It's such an awful illness.

:(

Thank you all for your prayers. MS is an awful illness. James was only diagnosed in April of 2009. But he has an aggressive type. He does his best to deal with it, but sometimes he just has to let the pain out somehow. I love him so much, it's hard to not be able to make it go away.

I'll continue to pray, for James, and for all who suffer in this world. Sometimes it just helps to ask for assistance dealing with the fustration. All of you are so kind. Thanks.

This is so sad & I am so sorry for you, your family, and your son. It is so difficult when things go so wrong for our children and we can not help. Having been in that situation, I grieve for all you are going through. Stay strong for your young man, but remember to grieve together at times - you can be support for each other - you need each other which I am sure you already know...............

Archived