Christmas Stripes

Just off the frame--a customer's Christmas quilt.

I wanted to post to show that sometimes the spaces you leave unquilted can make a big statement.

I had quilted all the boxes leaving the red centers for last--I wanted to figure out something special for those spaces. Turns out, not quilting them was the best idea of all!

My customer loved it and was amazed that I thought of it! Ha! Got 'em all fooled!:P

Plus, I used the diagonal striped zinger border as a guide for the outside border. I had a great time with this one!

post--13461904969032_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments!

I used BottomLine gold on top and tan pre-wounds in the bobbin. Matching green for the border.

Jess, the diagonals just happened! I started at the left side and quilted the upper-left half, through to the next block where I stitched the upper-right side, upper-left, upper-right all across. Then back across to the left, quilting the other half of the blocks. Two passes and one row was finished. Next row alternated the directions for symmetry. Love that continuous line thing! So, the separating line between the two sets of stitching made the diagonal line.

Archived