Sampler--border treatments--more photos added

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh LINDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo neat!!! I love what you did with the diamonds!! You just draw them on and do the lines continously (quilting the "line " of the diamond as you move around the diamond? The whole quilt is just beautiful! Do you have more closeups? Would love to see them if you do!!! linda

This was such nice work ....really like it ..... hope to be that good some day.

Pat

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you for your "atta-girls"--you all mean so much to me!

Here is a close-up of the diamond quilting for those who asked. I marked the diamonds and then stitched up to the marked line with close parallel lines--sneaked through the center, quilted the other side and sneaked down the ditch to the next diamond. Stitching this way nailed down both ditches, so no SID for me!;)

post--13461904977059_thumb.jpg

I learned this design in a class at Innovations from Kim Stotsenberg and I love it! I won't diagram it out of respect for her work, but I will suggest that you proceed much like hooked feathers--one feather just touches the previous one--so you work bottom up. Only mark the spine because if you stitch it it becomes too thready.

post--13461904977265_thumb.jpg

Archived