I am a new Aunt...so I made these little quilts!

I made these 2 little quilts for my new niece. They are backed with minkee. I used So Fine thread top and bobbin and had no troubles.

These whipped up fast as they are only 24" x 30". After all, my niece is only 4-1/2 pounds! These should keep her warm in her bassinet.

I did cc's on the first one...and overall loopy meander on the second. Just need to bind them and get them in the mail. :)

post--13461905861259_thumb.jpg

They look so cute and the Minkee is a wonderful backing on baby quilts. My daughter loves the quilts I made for my grandchildren using Minkee and also the ones with a nice, soft, fluffy flannel backing.

Right now my daughter's favorite quilt for Daniel (one month old) is an adorable piece of flannel (not even pieced) and Minkee on the back, no batting, but quilted with a cute panto and then bound. It is a bit wimpy and I hesitated to give it to her because is just didn't look quite right to me (it was an experiment), but because it is so wimpy and very drapable, she can wrap it all around him and snuggle him with softness. She loves it.

Archived