Am not sure what to quilt in the background....FINISHED PHOTOS ADDED

Originally posted by Tracy G

Janette,

wow.....

I am so behind the curve... have not touched my LA for months..... need to get back into the groove......

Hi Tracy

Well this is completey unusual for me too !! I have just been doing customer pantographs lately and no time for my quilts let alone to try and improve my skill base, once you get back into the groove, you wil be OK. Just like riding a bike !!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love what you have so far!! Less IS more ~ you have the right idea! :D

Yes - be sure to post a finished full photo - your fabric colors are great! I want to see more! What a wonderful idea to plop that square-on-point in there - awesome!

p.s. I like the lines inside the circles too, here is one idea that I thought of, but I do like it as is, with the SID between the blocks of course....

post--13461905876611_thumb.jpg

Well it is finished now, and I decided to leave the background as it was. I am going to embellish around each circle with silver cording if I can get hold of some.

I enjoyed making this, as it was something very different for me.

post--13461905879831_thumb.jpg

Oh OK then one more .................... I used the CL Tiles template in the large circles, I used a multi use ruler for the straight lines, and around the circles, and freehanded the pebbles. I used superior metallic thread in Silver.

post--13461905880387_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone, for your helpful comments, and compliments. I am really pleased with the outcome of this. I had pieced it starting last summer, I think - so thought about time I finished it !!! Even my husband likes it - he said it is the best quilt I have ever quilted !!!!

Archived