Newbie Here

It looks like this is where I should introduce myself. I have quilted off and on since 1996. I became sidetracked into work and horses and at the age of 61 started riding AQHA performance horses in reining and cutting. After being trampled in the pasture resulting in a severe head injury my balance is shot and so no more riding competition. Being a person that has to be busy and loves to learn new things I found my way back to quilting. The actual quilting of a quilt has always intrigued me. My first quilt was a baby quilt that I hand quilted. Realizing that I was going to have a fortune out in quilting expense I started looking at quilting machines. The APQS Lenni was a great fit for me with a 10 foot table, good technical support, good warranty and the plus of a great group of supportive women friends along with it. I ordered through Beth Durand who lives 6 blocks from my sister in law in Portland, OR where we visit often. Now I have a few years to work on my husband about finishing off a room in the garage for a Mellinium with a 12 foot table, right??

Congratulations on your new found addiction! So sorry about your accident and having to give up your horse riding competition. that is a very interesting sport. My boss has cutting horses and does some riding and showing but not too much any more. I know you will love your new Lenni and get into the groove with her quite nicely. Good Luck and ask away anything that you need or want know, someone will have the answers here!!

Hi, and welcome to the chit chat on this forum.. We never know what topic will pop up next or how long any of them will last.

Still, it's fun, encouraging, funny, joyful, and bragging and lots of prayer requests, too. We just love quilting. Hope to see some of your picts as you start and then go on to great things.

God Bless,

Welcome Sharni! Sorry to hear your horsie competitions are over, but happy to hear you have moved on to quilty things. You can compete with quilts now! I used to be a dedicated handquilter, it was my therapy! Rhuematoid arthritis took that away from me, so that is how I became interested in quilting machines. It didn't take long after starting my research to find this forum and make up my mind to go APQS when I am able to finally get my machine. Join right in, you may find yourself checking here several times a day when you should be quilting!!:D:D:D

Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome and encouragement as I launch off into machine quilting. With my love for horses still very much alive I am doing ground training with some of the one year olds at my trainer's ranch. I just may have to post some pictures of them as well as my quilt projects.

Archived