NQR Three Generations, now with a Question

We had our family outting today and I have to say we all had the time of our lives!!! My Mother got to fullfill a life long dream! We did our Three Generation Skydive today! My Mother enjoyed it so much she wants to make it an annual event. It was so moving she came up to me afterwards and gave me a hug while crying and said "Thank You for giving me the time of my life!" She almost had me in tears. We had nice sunny skys, but it was almost too windy too jump. Afterwards we all went out for dinner.

I've attached a couple pictures, a have a few more at webshots.

My Mother, My Son and I

2114944620105338396S425x425Q85.jpg

My Mother

2611394720105338396S425x425Q85.jpg

Liam, I am going to say Thank You for helping your Mom fulfill a life long dream and I'm sure it is a day none of you will forget.

Did your hair style itself when you took that one step? lol j/k

Your son is quite handsome and your Mum, well she is pretty great too.

My Mother called me last night after she returned home from work. She never said anything to the Ladies she works with about going skydiving. She went to work wearing her new skydiving t-shirt and the Ladies all started asking about it. My Mother said she got the biggest kick out of the reations of her co-workers when she told them and showed them the pictures. Her best friend at work said "Girl have you lost your mind?". It felt so good to hear the joy and excitement in my Mother's voice. For me this whole adventure seeing the smiles and joy this has brought to my Mother has been priceless!!! Did I mention my Mother has lung cancer?

I just got a call a little while ago, the local paper here wants to do a story about our three generation jump. I'm not sure how I feel about that!? I called my Mother on her lunch break and my Son, asked them what they thought. They said they didn't care either way, so I don't know. What do you guys think???

Originally posted by Liam1964

I just got a call a little while ago, the local paper here wants to do a story about our three generation jump....What do you guys think???

Well, let's just put it this way: You only live once, right? And, remember::: You jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and landed safely, so why not publish a story about it? :cool:

PS: I did a tandem jump back in the mid 1980s it was a spontaneous decision. it was SOOOO fun! I'd do it again. :)

Archived