just how hot is it???

You could come to Iowa ! It's only 63º here today. BUT last week we had 90+ ! So, as the saying goes around here............."if you don't like the weather, wait a while and it will change !" haha

I don't like the heat and humidity either. I can put on more clothes, but I can only take off so much and still be legal and not scare little kids. :P

Try 103 and afternoon showers. It has been that way for awhile. You have to water your plants every day or they snap, crackle and pop. We haven't even enjoyed the pool. Just hot out. I sleep at night with the house AC on, a window unit in my bedroom a ceiling fan and a small fan that blows on me. But I have never lived anywhere else and I love it here so......:cool: my two sweet pups sleep in the laundry room on a bean bag and I am thinking of letting them sleep in the breakfast room with a fan also. I can't stand the idea of them being hot and cant tell me.:D:D:D

Poor squirrels. We've had 90+ degree days almost every day for a few weeks now. We kind of skipped spring and jumped into summer. I'm with Linda...only so many clothes can come off plus it ain't pretty. Watering most every day even with storms in the evenings. The storms are producing mainly thunder and lightening and not letting any wet stuff come down. If it's not that, then it's windy. There's just no pleasing weather when it comes to summers around here unless you're into hot, humid, and windy (which I'm not).

Cindy, we would be glad to push some of our rain down your way. We have waaaayyyy tooooo much. Flooding, levees breaking, Amtrak service cancelled from Chicago to Denver (most of the trouble is in Iowa). The Missouri River on the West and the Mississippi on the East, along with all the creeks and smaller rivers in between.

We are on a hill and safe.........our town is also safe. We are waterlogged though. :(

Vivian, with all the water they are sending down the Missouri we definately do NOT need more rain.

Storms are predicted nearly everyday. Iowa, Missouri and Kansas are definately in for a rough flooding summer since without any rain they are saying the Might MO will be well over the flood stages until at least mid August.

Hope it doesn't get like 93. I remember walking on the St Joe levee the day before the levee on the Kansas side broke and flooded the towns. The raging river was just a couple of inches from topping it and we felt like we were walking on a big sponge. I now live near the top of a Missouri River Bluff in Independence Mo,

Supposed to be 96 tomorrow

I've just spent a week in Oregon where it was beautiful...rainy at times and cool. Even two days at Lincoln City...wonderful...drizzly at times, but didn't interrupt enjoying the beach. I returned home today to sunshine and 96 degrees. Thank goodness for air conditioning. I will say that my old bones seem happy to be back in the dry heat...they aren't aching as much. I've either had company or been traveling for the past two weeks and now all I want to do is get my room finished so I can do a little sewing.

Archived