This happend yesterday, and thankfully it is on my left thumb. I always though grown-ups don't cry when they get hurt. I cried, really loud. It didn't stop hurting (really bad) for at least 5 min. (5 LONG min.)

Donna, thanks for the sympathy. My family's saying for someone looking for sympathy is,(this comes from my beer drinking grandma) "Oh, your hurt yourself? If you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary...right between sh*t and syphilis." Yep, grandma was a gem in the really rough. ;)

Oh I sewed through my left index finger on my dsm and when my husband tried to pull it out ( I was standing behind him with my arms wrapped around him so I couldn't see) it broken in half and he had to get the pliers for the other half. That was the only time I've ever seen him run.

Joyce, I don't know what I would have done if I had gotten blood on it.

Victoria! OMG! WHAT DID DO? How did you get out of that.

I'm going to be extra careful from now on. GEE YA THINK?

Thanks all, for sharing and caring

Guest Linda S

Not my thumb, but when I was using a nolting in one of Karen McTavish's classes at MQX several years ago, the needle up/down button was on the other side and I got confused and put the needle right through my finger on my left hand. Yeow! Luckily, I missed the bone, but that sucker throbbed for days.

Kristie,

I get that exact same "dictionary" phrase. How many times around the world has that phrase travelled? You're in Indiana,USA. I'm in B.C. Canada. Go figure!!!! (Sometimes I sass back and tell them that's where they'll find their "supper" too.)

And big girls do cry....and that's OK.

Sending ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Donna

Just pinches and several rulers. My machine had a disc foot when I first bought it (current style hopping foot appeared a couple months later) . You had to use an adapter to use it with rulers. I didn't have the adapter or an extended base and tried using rulers. Not a good thing., Had to re-time my machine the first month I had it. Ordered an adapter when I was on the phone with Connie while she walked me through the process. My DH (now ex) made a base for me that week,.

Good one Donna. I gotta remember that. Although I only have 1 of "those" relatives left. My grandkids are too young to say it to so I tell them that it will feel better when it STOPS hurting. :D:D usually works. I do give hugs. BTW thanks for mine.

Linda, Oh I feel for your pain and humiliation. I would have said something awful to someone ( and there would be someone who said "are you all right.") I'm sure I would have screamed at them. I'm just glad I was alone. Though I think I upset the dogs. ;) You have my belated sympathy.

Kristie - Hope you thumb is feeling much better - and smaller too! Doesn't it seem like everytime you have a sore finger, that is the one you are always bumping and knocking into things with?? At least I do, bit clumsy I guess..

I always wondered about doing this, and try hard not to. Have chipped a couple of rulers and gotten close - but thats it. The lady who owned this machine before me did put a needle through one of her 1/4" thick rulers - so it sure does have the power to do some damage!

I feel your pain... Recently when I was test driving LA machines I went to the HQ's office of one the manufactures to try out a certain machine with a stitch regulated with my husband and another couple. During the demonstration I went to "pet" the fabric and feel the quilting that the LA had done and my left hand little finger brushed the hopping foot and I guess the machine thought I was ready to sew and took a bite right in the middle my pinky. The person demonstrating did not know what to do nor did the rest of the group... I looked at my husband and told him to go to the back of the machine and turn the wheel to release my finger.... We decided that was not the machine for me :P:P

Debi,Well, at least no one asked you if you were ok. Sheesh. Day 3 and it still hurts, but at least I'm not alone in my pain. Thanks for all of your stories and words of encouragement. I guess I've learned. Gosh I hope so. Sometimes it takes a few times for me to learn and I seem to be accident prone too.

:o;)

Archived