Conversation with Dennis.....Mystery solved!!

him--"Hi, Linda. You had a phone call from Bonnie or Becky--some "B" name. Anyway, she said to tell you the quilt you quilted for her had been accepted at some quilt show."

me--"What quilt show?"

him--"Hmmm... I can't remember. I think it was north of here."

me--" Pacific International? The Puyallup Fair? Can't you remember?"

him--"No, I was in the shower." (!!!!!!)" I told her to call you back and she said she was so excited and she wanted to get the spelling of your name right."

me--"Thanks Den." *sigh*

Still can't figure out who or where!!

:P:P:P:P:P

So strange!!!!

I just got a call from one of my favorite piecers who had me do some simple quilting on her Dear Jane. She told me she just heard from an insider that her quilt took top honors at our County Fair, which starts next week but the judging was done today. After we finished squealing at each other :P I told her Dennis said she had called earlier. Nope, wasn't her. She just heard a few minutes before.

Maybe I have more good news coming!

Thanks for sharing the excitement with me!

This is why in our shop if we have to ring a customer about an order we make a note of the call in our book. It will say

:- rang customer, this means we actually spoke to the person concerned

:- left message, this means we spoke to an answering machine

:- left message with a man, this means we probably spoke to her husband or a son whom we fully expect not to pass on the message and so we will phone again in a weeks time and explain if necessary that it is not our fault that she did not get the phone call

This is the result of 13 years experience leaving messages that don't get passed on.

Originally posted by Littleshoes

Mine told someone that I didn't live here anymore. What the heck was that I asked. Oh, he said he thought it was a wrong number. My reply....... Never ever, answer the phone again! lol. I feel your pain. :)

That's something mine would do. Funnnnnny!

Archived