I'm a newbee. YIKES!

I'm a little nervous and SOOO excited. Today I ordered by very first LA (Freedom SR) and registered on Gone Quilting.

Any advice on these subjects would be appreciated; especially how to be a better and more interesting communicator (using a signature in messages; adding a picture; etc.) with other Gone Quilting members. I look forward to this new adventure and friends.

I plan to LA my own quilts until I can start my own business. With God in the driver's seat, I'm ready to blast off. WOOHOO!

Barbara,

Welcome! There are posts on using a signature, adding a picture, etc. I have not done more than add my signature. I don't post that much, but I read the posts of others each and every day. I learn soooooooo much by doing that. The members of these forums are so informative. I usually click on Today's Posts and go from there. I have started a new topic and gotten excellent advice. The quilters on these forums are just the best. Enjoy.

Barbara,

Welcome! I was in your shoes 2 1/2 years ago. This is absolutely the best forum. Use your search engine and you'll find all kinds of information, just remember to change the time from 1 week, to last year or beginning. It took me awhile to figure that one out!

Don't be afraid to use the select a forum on the right hand side and scroll down. APQS has the information in topics. And, since we have members from all over the world, someone is always on line ready to help. Myrna Ficken as some great DVDs and she's offering free shipping until February 1st. Check out her site.

congratulations & welcome.

you landed yourself a great machine and you will get much help and encouragement from this forum, too!

in case you don't want to join webshots or one of those sites, here is a link to a tute by doodlebug for posting pics directly from windows.

it worked great for me til i got my mac - if you are a mac user, let me know and i'll see if i can 'splain that.

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=20464

and here is a link (i hope) to the FAQ's page that will help with your avatar and plain signature.

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/faq.php?page=usermaint#3

since i don't have a fancy signature, i can't help you there. but i know someone will!

good luck & again - welcome! ;)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the purchase of your new machine. I can feel your excitement from your post! Everyone here gives great advice...relax, ppp (practice, practice, practice) and have fun! I bought my Lenni in July 2010 and I'm still practicing...LOL...but longarming is the most fun ever!

Hi Barbara,

I'm a newbie too, so a BIG welcome. Everyone here is so helpful. If you need anything specific, go into the search button at the top of the page and type in what your needing info on eg: avatar, signature, technical questions. There may be an older post that has already solved that question for someone else. Otherwise, just throw it out there on the forum in a post. This is a fabulous place to learn from very generous talented quilters, and you get answers very quickly.

I always like to check the pictures section as well. You will be amazed at what other quilters do, (often overwhelmed thinking "how did they do that?") and it will inspire your own creativity. Before you know it, you'll no longer be a newbie!!:)

I am honored that so many of you wonderful ladies have welcomed me into the world of long arming. Because of your generosity and kindness, I was anxious to register on Gone Quilding.

I live in Benton City, Washington. A small town in a beautiful valley in the southeastern part of the state; approximately 12 miles from the Tri-Cities (Kennewick, Richland, and Pasco).

I will get my info/picture available as soon as I can. Once again, thank you to all for the wonderful welcome.

Barbara:D

Barbara, if there's anything that you need, I'm just a few hours away from you, in Newport, just north of Spokane. I'll be at the show in Tri-Cities in March - come by my booth so we can meet in person! In the meantime, enjoy your new baby! :D

Archived