"Snapshot" Pic of my Sister added...

I still can't get the legend to load so here's what the blocks mean:

House - they moved every 2 yrs for the 1 st 25 yrs

Strawberry - they live in FL where they are grown & at the festival every year she wins ribbons for her quilts

Cross - my sister has a strong faith

Book/ Toms flag- she designed a mini flag qlt that was on the cover of Miniture Quilts mag.

Crayons- she's a teacher who loves hers little students

Heart - I call it the sister block - I just adore my sister(s)

Travel block - she and her DH love their trailer and camping

Grandmothers flower garden - she's a grandma - and she loves her flowers!

Flag block - kinda goes with "Toms flag" she designed. I just liked the block

That's the short description.. I put it on the back of the quilt for her...

Thanks for looking and liking!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again and again and again!!!

Only 2 more days and she gets to see it! I just arrived in St Louis for our 3 day family reunion - Saturday night we will have our version of "Saturday night live" where each family does a skit or something for the group... I think this year there are only about 45-50 of us... often there are around 70.

I had just gotten to my room, put the quilt in the closet when my sister and her husband knocked on the door! Yikes! close call! I'll post pics of the "dedication" in a day or two! LOL Love to be with my family!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pic of my sister Mike and her daughter Aimee looking at her Birthday quilt! She Loves it - and Tom, her DH, could hardly speak - he was a bit choked up... I had even found some pics of his Romanian family!

Aimee said - "If it makes Mom happy, it makes Dad happy!" Love that!

post--13461908925732_thumb.jpg

My Cousins are looking at it too... We only had 64 people at our family reunion last week... It was great!

My Mom came back with me, and she's pretty high maintenance... She has Macular Degeneration and now she's pretty hard of hearing too... So the TV is almost uncomfortably loud... I've apologized to my neighbors downstairs many times! We spend most of our time finding the things she has set down.

Yesterday she wanted to go outside - I live in a blacktop parking lot near a very busy highway. She accidentally touched the neighbor's car and set off the car alarm! I think she about had a heart attack! I took her to a couple stores and a park so she can walk... She's 92, has a metal plate in her hip, and walks way faster than I do! AND (God help me) she wants me to build a duplex so she can live in half! I REALLY like being alone. I couldn't even speak! Poor dear, she's burned so many bridges with all her children that none of us can handle her for very long...

She goes to my brothers in a few days - where she knows my SIL doesn't like her very much. I kinda feel sorry for her, but not enough to let her move in and take over my life! Yikes!

Guest Linda S

What a lovely quilt, Bobbi - the things we make that have so much love bound up in them are the most very special items. I'm sure your sister and her family will cherish it always.

What a wonderful picture of your sister's family with the quilt! Looks like they are all enjoying a trip down memory lane. This is such a special gift, Bobbi, and you are so talented to have designed and made it for your sis. I was looking at the pictures, again, how did you do the film strip? Is that a striped fabric or pieced? Just wonderful!

@Vickie:

I found some black and white fabric, used Moda black, but Kona is good too... Cut 1" pieces, pieced black, stripe, black. then 1" pieces in between the pictures. When quilting, I SID the pics and film strips. Prior to making the strips, all the pictures need to be made the same size and printed on GOOD photo fabric. I had printed some on bad paper... had to appliqué over them! I planned to use the photo strips as sashing, but each block was made and added to - to make them fit into the top. Hope that helps!

OH, and I quilted with bright red thread...

Thanks again everyone!

Irene: Think of you often - wish I could have come back to Paducah, but I had mom with me... we spent several days in Monmouth IL so she could see old cousins, nieces, nephews, and visit the places she remembered when she was a young girl.

My sister and her DH were in Elizabethtown (?) for a couple of relaxing days, but didn't go into Paducah... sorry!

Archived