My attempt at feathers in a sashing....

This quilt is a light custom job which I rarely seem to get (mainly panto work) , and although I was worried that my feathers were a bit inconsistent and my spine a bit wobbly .... once off the frame it looks a bit better. I even was going to rip out one of those sashings, so glad I didn't :) Just hope my customer agrees ...

post--13492895108914_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by micajah

For a first attempt, I would have to call you a natural at feathers. They are very good! If I practice until I am a 100, mine would never be as good as yours. So Pretty!

Not my first attempt, I have practiced on paper... quite alot. I found the bends a bit tricky to manoevure though, and honestly don't look too closely at the spines....

Your feathers look beautiful! I hope you now see that no one will notice what you see as wobbly and inconsistent as they just see the wonderful texture and designs that you created. We have to learn to stand back and look at our quilting in the big picture but I know that can be hard as we want it to be perfect for our clients and we see every little stitch that we make!!

Archived