Anyone want to strip-swap? Strips Received! Address added to first post. Start stripping!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine I'll have pretty packages in the mail delivery today!

I'm planning to alter the groups a bit--the first 14 that show up will get theirs back immediately. That way I don't have stacks of bundles waiting for the last few to arrive. Then when the second bunch is all here I'll arrange and send those. I have a couple of international players so I bet those may be delayed a bit in arriving.

I'll keep everyone posted on when to expect your batch of strips back.

As for the prizes--we'll have two for the first group and two for the second group--just to keep it fair.

Thanks for the thought, Vickie!

I've received envelopes and small boxes with the postage all over the place. I won't worry about it--you all spent at least $10 in postage to participate and I didn't have to spend a cent! If necessary I can pick up some slack. :)

No specific pattern is recommended--there are many pattern books out now using pre-cut strips of this size, as well as the jellyroll race quilt (also called the 1600 quilt). A lot of the modern patterns with rectangles use the strips.

When the strips are all mailed back. I'll start a thread where we can share links to favorite patterns. With the Christmas strips from a previous post I made variable stars with the dark colors and a white background. Sashed with white to make the stars float, I ended up with a holiday lap-size throw--and half my strips still to use.

Linda, see if you can drop someone else in - I'll be playing "catch up" for several days after this unexpected trip! Count me in for next time, though!! And if you don't get someone to sub, I'll move "stripping" to the top of my "to do" list! ;)

Archived