Doodle chickens

I just outlined it in chalk on a piece of black kona, then doodled with my millie. I just kinda sketch it loosely so I know where I want the wing, etc., then just take off. Sometimes I give them an attitude! I don't always follow the outline. Sometimes I get a better idea as I'm doodling along. I guess they are thread painted or free hand embroidered as sometimes I do them very dense. I don't know what to call it. Longarm embroidery?? I guess that works.. :wacko:

I used 2 or 3 different rainbow threads. One was a yellow varigated, one was kind of fall varigated colors, then a dull red. They're about 18 inches tall. I'm trying to post pics of the matching rooster and an art deco one. I did 4 different ones in a afternoon. It was a fun project to just play with and get my mind of all the Christmas quilts I had to do. I was so busy (as we all are) before Christmas I needed to just play for a little bit.

Very productive doodling. You have done a wonderful job with the feathers and their faces. Do you have models wandering around in your backyard or do you have a good memory for details?

Haha...no models, just draw them like I remember them. I can draw animals, people not so much. I have thread painted pets for people from photos they provide so I can make them look right. It's really fun for me. Most have been framed and hung in their homes or given as gifts.

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Archived