Say some prayers for me, please....

Hang in there girl.  Radiation will go by quickly and recovery is quick except for being exhausted.  Chemo isn't like the old stuff.  You don't get sick as before and my friend had three series of it and didn't lose any hair.  I was stunned.  You're going to make it through this just keep remembering there are a lot of prayers being said for you. 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandra. I will definitely be wishing for a full recovery for you.   This is exactly the same thing I went through last year. Mine was also diagnosed around Valentines Day. I had a radical hysterectomy on April 23rd last year.   They took everything. I have no reproductive system left.   The cancer was contained to my uterine walls, but they chose to remove everything so there was no future risk.  I had two rounds of chemo and it will make you feel like crap.  You will be nauseus, tired, and feel like you've been run over by a truck.  I am praying that tney are able to remove all the infected body parts and remove the cancer from your body completely.  Please keep me posted on what is going on.

Prayers will continue, Sandy,  I just hate it when friends have to go through things like this!

Teresa, sorry you had to go through it too.  I would have been happy to send up extra prayers.

I too had radical hysterectomy with a "possible cancer" scare.. then they didn't send any tissue

to be checked out, nor anything beyond the surgery.  Military, and I couldn't say a word or

I could have lost all medical coverage.

I thank our Lord every day for the wonderful team of Dr.s I have, and the care they give me.

First Health, Pinehurst Medical    Wonderful care and hospital and staff..

Can't brag too much for them.

Sandra hugs and prayers coming your way. YOU can do this, you are a strong woman and you can beat this ugly animal. Stay positive, chemo is not like the old days, so much better, even though it still has side effects. My sister only gained weight with hers. She was up and outside as soon as the chemo was done. Walking and just soaking up the sunshine. Miracles can happen!!!! My brother is one of those :) and so is my father.

Sandy, I am sorry I have not kept up with the forum to know how you were doing. I have sort of been "hunkered down" here lately.  Having just recently dealt with the chemo issue with Elmer, I can tell you that it has changed drastically over the years. He had an oncologist that assured us there was no need to be sick during chemo.

Elmer took a combination of some of the strongest drugs possible. He would go 7 days.... on Thur , Fri and back again Mon - Fri....then off for 2 1/2 weeks. He also took chemo pills  daily. He was nauseated the first few days until we tweaked his meds then NEVER again. We found that it was much more effective to take the meds regularly instead of waiting until he felt bad. 

The anti-nausea regimen he was on was Zyprexa in the morning, 1/2 Zofran in the afternoon and at night. When we had the Zyprexa filled I was alarmed because it is actually an anti-psychotic drug.  It seems that it was accidently found to be a wonderful anti-nausea drug during chemo. He had no side effects from this combination.

Elmer was careful to eat several small meals and drink lots of water throughout the day.  He tired easily the week after chemo but other than that he did well. His attitude was wonderful. He decided that he would make the best of it and use his chemo time to make new friends...and he did. Elmer had a stage 4 diagnosis but blew the doctors away when it all started to clear up. I think it had a lot to do with his attitude.  He died from terrible mistakes made after surgery not from cancer.

Please Sandy, if it makes you sick, don't think  "this is how it is supposed to be". Insist they keep trying until the meds are properly adjusted. Stay positive and LISTEN to your body! It will tell you when it needs to rest.....and when it does...don't fight it...get cozy and try to go with it.  

Just as the chemo process has changed drastically so have the outcomes after one finishes treatment.  Elmer's diagnosis would have been an automatic death sentence 15 years ago but turned out to be survivable. You can do this Sandy, and you can do it with optimism and a positive attitude!

I wish I was there to give you a hug but this will have to do  (((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))

Cheri,  Elmer really went through so much, and so did you!!!  Thank you for telling me his story and giving me the encouragement.  I know you are still hurting and this was difficult for you to write about. 

Cancer, regardless of the kind or location is some really nasty stuff.  I've been "talking" to several gals on the forum, who are cancer survivors, via e-mail.  This group is amazing.  There is so much friendship, support, caring and love.  I am so thankful to have all of you praying for me and helping me get through this difficult time.

Continuing to hold you in my prayers and thoughts. Take it one day at a time. Stay strong!

I do not usually quote scripture, but there was a verse, a favorite of my grandmothers that I held on to and repeated over and over during my bought with chemo, that I would like to share with you....

In quietness and confidence shall be your strength. Isaiah 30:15

Archived