Fantastic Thursday 5/2/2013

Good Morning! It started at 5:45 a.m.  Pouring down rain and coming off the ocean like a freight train!!!!! Wanted to sleep but the rain on the metal roof was just too LOUD!!!!

This week has been marking a quilt and started quilting it yesterday. Also spent part of the last four days pulling weeds out of flower beds!!! Weeds doing better than the flowers!!!

Sorry to hear about more snow downing down on some of you! :( At least it is warm here even though it is very wet!!!! ;)

Can't wait to see wait everyone has been doing this week!!!

Here is a peek at what I'm working on. This is a quilt made by a very good friend that was one of my first bosses way back when. She Appliqued all the plates by hand!

8700741159_409d1d94cd.jpg
002 by delld1964, on Flickr

8700741913_4dcf3401fc.jpg
001 by delld1964, on Flickr

8700740309_1d8c49efc7.jpg
003 by delld1964, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!!! Got a go back and quilt!!!!

Very pretty Quilt, love your quilting.  Our weather is  finally getting better, some warmer temperatures are slowly melting the mounts of snow on our acreage.  My house is slowly being packed up, a piece at the time.  This 63 year old body doesn't work too fast anymore, lol.

Here is what i managed to put together in the last couple days....will be looking for quilting design inspiration when I get my new Freddie in July.  Wishing you all a fabulous Day.

post-3772-0-36795300-1367500366_thumb.jpg

post-3772-0-36798900-1367500377_thumb.jpg

post-3772-0-64203000-1367500382_thumb.jpg

School here is cancelled due to the awful amounts of HEAVY snow fall here.  The drive into the studio was not good.  35 mph at top speed with 4wd vehicle.  Rochester MN has power outages as due many comunities in this area.  Many roads closed due to accidents and even a snowplow spin out!!  It is a good day to Quilt...as long as the power stays on.

COLD wind and rain here.........only about 60 miles NW of us there is snow falling.   The farther NW, the more snow.  6+" in parts of the state.   We are just keeping fingers crossed that it does't get too cold and freeze off the buds on all our fruit trees.   That has happened 3 years in a row now.   I don't have any annual plants out yet, so don't need to cover anything.   Supposed to be back to spring by early next week.   This weekend is also Tulip Festival in Pella, Iowa.   It will be a cold, wet, miserable time there.  Too bad.   Pella is about 15 miles NW of us.  

And I thought our weather was bad! (It is; it snowed on May 1, but will be 20+ (70F) by the weekend). My day started when I tripped over the frame of a dog bed (Don't ask!) and fell, so I'm nursing a headache. Luckily the quilt I'm working on is e2e, and doesn't require much concentration. Anyone here going to Quilt Market in Portland?

Dell,  your quilting is so soft and pretty. Someday I will do feathers.

Monika, I love the log cabin lay out. Very striking.

I was going to take of picture of my quilt for today and forgot. Will try to remember tonight after work. I am finishing the binding so I can put it in the 5th wheel for our trip to the beach this weekend. Suppose to get up the 80's here if the wind will every stop. I hope you all warm up soon.

Monika I love the fabrics in your quilt! So bright!!!  Thanks for the kind comments. I used a stencil for the feathers. Marked them with the Clover white pen iron away marker and used the blue pen to mark the feathers on the cream. I used a sponge brush to wet the blue so it disappears!!  Thanks again and hope Spring soon arrives and stays for all! Still windy and rainy here!

Dell, I like how you put those feathers surrounding the dresden plate! Please post some pictures of the whole quilt when you are done!

Monika, those colors in your quilt are awesome! I'm a sucker for court house steps and log cabins--my favorite blocks. Glad to see you are getting some sewing done before you have to completely pack everything up.  

Charlotte, that quilt on the frame looks ginormous! Would love to see it when you are done.  The piecing looks interesting!

Debbie, a trip to the beach in Oregon ... I want to go with you!!! I have some unfinished projects I could bring and we could sew together  :)

Carol, I'm with Dell, love what you did in the GFG! Very unique!

I've been working on trying to make my blog more appealing in the hopes when I hand out a business card in person to someone I don't know, they can go to my blog and see what I'm up to. So far my customers have been commenting that they like it, so that's good! My favorite blog is Kathy's of The Tamarack Shack. Her photos are inspiring. I don't have the same scenery but I'm taking private photography lessons from her (private in that she doesn't know she's giving them! LOL). Here's a pic I took this morning of a quilt I finished this week. 

post-5206-0-61814000-1367532390_thumb.jpg

I am working on a double wedding ring that I picked up at a flea market. It is for "practice" and was cheaper than fabric would be. I am working in trying to get good control for SID and feathers with my new machine. Everyone's work is so inspiring. I really look forward to the Thursday topic. I am the lucky person who got Bonnie's Glide. I am looking forward to playing with all of the colors. I tend to stick to safe colors and a lot of neutrals for my quilting so I'm hoping to become more adventuress with all the pretty colors she will be sending me. So sorry for all if you folks who seem to be stuck in an eternal winter. It's spring here in NC.

Claire

post-3835-0-28925600-1367534895_thumb.jpg

Love this topic.  The quilts are lovely.   As log cabins are my favorite and bright bright colors are what I always purchase, I would love to keep that great log cabin.    

Makes me think it is time to get busy with all of those bright colored scraps I keep.   thanks for posting, ladies.

Marilyn

Dell,I love your Dresden plate.That was the first pattern I ever made.  I will make another someday.

Monika, your scrappy quilt picture is perfect timing. I've been looking for scrap quilt patterns on the computer for the last couple hours. Now I have a great, easy idea, thanks to you.

Charlotte, I hadn't seen that fabric line before, but I love it. My son will love it.

Bonnie and Carole, those are both beautiful.

I am back.  hubby made supper tonight, and I just had to play with some of the 10 bolts of batiks that arrived yesterday.  I made on complete top and the last one will be put together tomorrow.  My freddie will be a busy gal when she is all set up.  I had a very productive Thursday.  Now for a Gin and tonic and a movie.  

Made this morning

post-3772-0-97342400-1367546785_thumb.jpg

post-3772-0-64127000-1367546792_thumb.jpg

Just finished cutting and sewing the strips together tonight

post-3772-0-85162500-1367546847_thumb.jpg

post-3772-0-63003000-1367546854_thumb.jpg

aren't those Batiks just "delicious"???

Archived