Buying a Tablet

I bought an I-Pad and love it! I was persuaded by a group of techie types at a retreat in June who were using theirs to sketch quilting plans on photos of the tops they had pieced.  My understanding is that the I-oad has the most available aps, but that might be wrong.   (I use it with Apple TV, too, and have given up cable!)

I'm an android person ... Ipads and Androids both are great products ... it's what system you are used to using. If you have an iphone, stay with the ipad ... if you have a windows or android phone, the android tablet is very similar. I've found that just about any app available on an ipad is probably available on android. I use the PicsArt app to take pictures of quilt tops and then doodle on the photo to figure out what to quilt and how to quilt it. My personal preference is the Samsung Galaxy Tab or Samsung Note.

I have always been a PC fan. But thought a tablet would be nice, I ordered one, and my daughter calls me technology challenged. I sent it back that was 2years ago, they have come along way since then, but I bought an iPad mini and love it. I have given up my kindle fire for it. My 8 year old granddaughter taught me how to do a few things I was struggling with as my daughter would just laugh a me. Gee I used to be the one to fix their PCs. I believe you need to find one you are comfortable with. I still use my laptop, just not nearly as much as the iPad is do much easier to take with me.

Shirley.

I have an iPad and I love it but if the android tablet had been around when I bought mine I would have gotten the android.

I am a diehard windows user and atlthough I hardly use my laptop anymore ( ancient and heavy!) I use a PC all day long at work. Even after a couple of years of using my iPad lots and taking it with me everywhere, I am still challenged by Apple logic. The android is way closer to windows.

That said, the iPad is definitely a great product.

I bought a Wacom Bamboo Create because I didn't want the extra expense of another gadget to pay services on each month and the price was pretty decent at about $130. It's one of those dealies where you connect it to your computer, load your picture in Photoshop Elements (comes with the tablet, depending on which tablet), and draw on the photo with a pen on the tablet, not on the screen like you would an IPad. There are even less expensive models of the Wacom Bamboo, all the way down to about $70. I still need to get out the instructions and learn how to use it but that has to wait for me to get caught up on quilting, so I can't comment on how I like it yet. 

I was lucky enough to win an IPad mini from my work. I have only had it about three weeks, but I love it. It fits in my purse,so I can take it everywhere. I downloaded the Picsart app too, and have played with it. I am still learning things about my IPad, but I already wonder how I did without it!,

I have an iPad mini also.  I love it!  Of course, we are mac users all the way at our house.  Made the switch 5 years ago and never looked back.  Apple products are so easy to use.  I take my iPad with me everywhere.  It fits in my purse and isn't as heavy as my Kindle Fire was.  Of course my 8 year old granddaughter uses it every time we are are together.  She knows more about it than I do.

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 last March and love it. It takes fabulous photos and I can doodle on the photos of quilts I take; which was one of the main purposes for my purchase It came with the "S-Pen". I have never used an iPad, but my friends who have them love the, too. There is so much technology out there today I am sure  you will love whatever you decide to buy.

Archived