Chevron baby quilt for Christmas DONE! Whew!

Hi, Everyone, 

I have been long absent for a while. Work has been a real bear this season and I have hardly had time to breathe let alone quilt. But!!!! I have lurked as time allowed and seen some beautiful work. You all never cease to inspire.  :0)

Here is a baby quilt I am finishing for a Christmas/welcome to the world present. The pattern is from Kay Bell's blog. It is the second one I have made and I love it for a baby quilt. Perfect size and room to quilt. :0) I finally tried some areas in non-regulated stitch mode. Whhhopppeee!!! Who knew it would be so FUN!!! Why did I wait so long?   

IMG_1617 by sillyewe, on Flickr

Have a beautiful rest of your Sunday!  :0) Sharon

That piecing pattern is easy,  lol, I figured that out after staring at it for a while.

Thanks for the idea of a beautiful quilt and a wonderful quilting job.

I can see the quilt in light blue, dark blue, lavender, sherbert green, palest tan,

Greens,   for kids or adults, or for expected baby with no sex known.. thus the

soft green, lavender, orchid, pale yellow.. etc.  I like this project.

Thanks for sharing.. hope you don't mind me using the pattern!

Rita

Thank you for such sweet comments. It has been a while since I touched the machine and it was good to get back to it.  Please feel free to use my quilting ideas…nothing new there. LOL I probably learned it from here!  :0)   The pattern, as I said, I tried from Kay Bell's blog. She made an adorable blue quilt for a gift and the quilting was just terrific.  

Merry Christmas!!! And a prosperous peaceful New Year!  Sharon

more I thinkd about it, the more I know I'm going to do some red and white, some blue and white and some red and blue alternating, for the Quilts of Valor.  It certainly is an easy pattern and quick and I have plenty of scraps to cut 5" or even 4" squares from.  Also a good way to use up scraps and make them scrapy. 

Rita

Archived