Just a tip

This is the back--you can see that here will be problems with "varicose veins"--the fact that the black threads from the embroidery and the black sashing will be a big problem if they aren\'t somehow clipped or tucked away so they won\'t show from the front after quilting.

post--13461899290239_thumb.jpg

Here is my solution--I used a washable glue stick to stick those offending black threads to the underside of the appliques where they won\'t show through on the front. It worked great. I did let the glue cure overnight and I had zero problems.

post--13461899290445_thumb.jpg

Linda, what a great idea. I just did a pink with very dark brown sashing and had the vein problems. I spent forever cleaning it up and still had a couple. I will try this next time.

The quilt came out great. I love those butterflies with the 1/4 inch, it really accentuates the butterflies. Love the McT.

Great tip. And the quilting on that quilt is also just as great as the tip. I really love how you get the lighting just right on the quilt so that we can see the details. Thanks for the tip and for posting your pics. See you next Sat. along with the others in the NW corner of the country! ! ! !

Hi Linda,

You have the greatest tips! :) Let\'s see I\'ve used the top thread tension tip. And the prewound bobbin tip, and now I will use the straggly thread-glue stick tip! Thank you sew-much! :)

You did wonderful quilting (LindaTavishing) on this customers quilt. :) And she did a great job with the quilt blocks too. (with the exception of not clipping her threads)--Cute Quilt! :)

Archived