We are going round the mountain again

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this is a hard one - They got the stints in but they also found that the cancer is in his lymph nodes and it is now stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I\'m home just to put my feet up for awhile. Thank you all for your prayers. I\'m doing pretty well considering it all. I\'m going back later to be there when the Dr comes in.

Originally posted by PattyJo

pancreatic cancer.

Is it in the water or what....my brother in law in Kirkland, WA was told after Easter that he too has this nasty nasty form of cancer, and that it has spread to his liver, and other larger organs...

PattyJo...as stated before, I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers....

Patty Jo and Bill, many, many prayers are going your way. I had started reading a book called "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch who has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This is an awesome book. I wish I knew the perfect words to help but my words will be in prayer.

God be with you both and the doctors.

Ah darn, Patty Jo. You have been through so much. I echo Barb\'s ((((((((hugs))))))). If it were me I\'d be going through boxes of kleenex right now (actually been there, done it). I lost my husband so a very slow 7 years of brain cancer. I do know how you feel. Very scared and lost, but I know you have a strong faith, Patty Jo. We are with ya.

Nancy

Patty Jo, what can I say that hasn\'t already been said. You know I love ya! You know I\'m praying for both of you. You will find a strength right now that you didn\'t know existed. I pray that God will give you "the peace that passes understanding", and I have faith that He will. May God give you strength and courage. May God also fill Bill with that same peace and courage to face the days ahead. I know you all are strong and you will be okay.

Thank you all for your prayers. The Dr came in tonight and they will start the 3rd round of chemo in 10 to 15 days. We will take it one day at a time........

"I don\'t know what today holds, but I do know Who holds today" is a little sign that I have on the mirror in the bathroom and this is now my focus for the next weeks.

HE will get us thru this according to His will and we have the assurance that He knows what is the best for us. We may not understand it in our shortsited humanness but He sees the whole picture.

May the Lord bless you as you bless us with your prayers.:)

Dear Patty Jo,

I will be praying for you and your hubby. He is such a wonderful guy. I do know we have to go through hard time to enjoy the great ones. It does seem as if you have had more than you share.

Nora

Mellinnium

Washougal WA

Oh Patty Jo. there is nothing I can say that hasn\'t already been said. You and Bill will be in my prayers. If there is anything I or Miguel can do, please call. In the meantime, rest in His loving arms whenever you can. Big Hugs

Patty Jo;

My heart is breaking for you right now...as you know my family has been dealing with this as well (my FIL was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer the Thursday after Easter and died 3 wks ago...but he decided NOT TO have any chemo, my great uncle on ther othe hand who was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer 2 months before my FIL, did decided to have the chemo and he is still with us).

I am praying that the chemo treatment Bill is having will be a positive one. If you need/want to talk e-mail me at jkabat@geckoquilts.com

(((((HUGS))))))

Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. Today is not a good day for me. I\'m trying not to loose it and stay strong for Bill. They are hopeing that he will be coming home today, but i haven\'t heard the final word on that yet. I\'m feeling very overwhelmed - this is not what I want, but I guess that God had a different plan. I\'m trying to adjust. More later when I know more.

Patty Jo, I was just doing my morning prayers and of course, you and Bill had a spot up front. ;)

There are a lot of folks here that are praying for you all. Try to be strong but it is Ok if some of that emotion leaks out. Remember Patty Jo, He never gives us anything that we cannot handle. Your faith will get you through this.

Big Linda hug to you.

Well, I got the best gift for Mother\'s Day. I brought Bill home yesterday late afternoon. We stuck close to home today and spent a bit of time outdoors weeding in the garden - now that is not my idea of a good thing to do on Mother\'s day - and thinned some of the carrots, planted some cucumber starts and and added a couple of lines to our drip system so that we have some pretty flowers later this year.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and even though I was having a rough day emotionally, and went thru at least one box of tissue, she was a strong support and just let me talk. Thank you all for your prayers and support. When family calls, they all want to talk to Bill and that is a very good thing, so I use you guys and my friend here in town to talk to and I\'ll will get thru this. Thanks for being there for me.

Patty:

That is a positive thing you are doing, planting a garden.... I love that... Just remember to LIVE. Bill is not dying, he is LIVING - so pray for good days. When you lay your head on the pillow at night you can actually say it and mean it "today was a good day." We planted seeds to grow and LIVE.

Our prayers to make these days easier are with you and Bill. We all love you, dear friend.

Archived