So excited

This weekend My DH and I drove across SD and I purchased grammydiane\'s APQS Liberty. I am a newbie for be prepared for some dumb questions. I have been lurking here for weeks reading all the post and learning so much already. Now are reading all the Maintence and cleaning post. Before I start it up wanted it all ready after the move.

Thanks all ahead of time.

:cool:Edie

Welcome, Yes Edie, there is NO such thing as a dumb question. So ask away,

and the people here will give such a variety of answers.

Thanks for the giggle. I just love your philosophy/quote under your name.

Would you mind if I share it with a few people?:D

CongraTS on starting a new hobby or business Edie.. it is fun.. just get some musling, and batting and practice, practice, practice.. and you\'ll soon be in the swing of it.

It\'s loads of fun, can be maddening, exciting, frustrating, rewarding, aggrivating, irritating, and disappointing, but also fun, encouraging, beautiful, and it sure can keep a persons brain working, good for (speaking for myself) me elders..

Enjoy and ask anything someone will eventually answer.

RitaR

Edie,

Welcome to the forum. Like the others have said, there are no dumb questions, so ask if you are having problems, concerns, want to blow off steam, or you have some fun to share....we love it all....well, most of it ;)

Just want you to know before you really get started. There is an ajustment period. Kind of a getting acquainted period with your machine. You will probably have tension issues, thread problems, etc. That is normal!! Once you get "acquainted" with your machine....kind of learn her personality, you will become best friends. Just relax, have fun....and remember....each one of us thought the very same thing when we had the things set up...."What was I thinking!!" You\'ll get through that stage too. Then you will wonder what you ever did before she came along.

Have fun....and we love pictures....

Welcome Edie. We are all so excited for you. As everyone has said, no dumb questions here. Mary Beth let you in on a lot of secrets that I seemed to have not heard about before I turned on my girl for the first time. I thought I would never get to liking her but boy she is my special friend now.

I too love your quote.

Oh, don\'t forget to breath. For some reason not breathing is part of the whole learning experience:P

Welcome, Edie and congrats on you new machine. My first two APQS machines was also a used machines. APQS builds these things to last and last. They just take some figuring out at first.

My BIG 3 were: #1 How to load a quilt #2 Thread tension and #3 Daily maintenance. Once I got past those hurdles and learned the correct process, I was off and running.

You might want to check on a beginners class somewhere in your area, either an APQS rep or an experienced quilter can provide lots of info and increase your a level of confidence. On new machines, the classes are free. There are also several videos out there (Dawn Cavanaugh comes right to mind) that can step you thru the basics.

Have fun.

Congratulations! You are starting an incredible journey into an art that is very addictive. This is a great place to make friends and get help with those questions we all have at some point. Never be afraid to ask for help! Quilt on! Janet

Archived