NQR: Sunset this morning

Sunset this morning? That sounds odd, doesn't it???

A coworker shared this with me today. She must have used a filter on her lense to get the golden effect. We've been getting unprecendented rain these past few weeks in my area, so seeing the sun is a welcome site.

This is what she said: "I think the cloud was holding up the sun for me...just so I could get down to the lake..."

Taken in Fairbanks, on 8/14/08 at 12:30 a.m.

In this photo, the sun is currently in the north west sky. Now, those of you who might think that a sun setting in the north west.... well, what can I say? It's Alaska and the sun isn't really setting...it's just lingering in the sky. LOL! :D Way up here, our sunrises and sunsets linger for hours on end, they don't happen quickly as one would see near the tropics or equator. Because we are so far north, we have some amazing (long lasting) views of sunrise and sunset around the fall and spring equinox.

post--13461900205556_thumb.jpg

Someday, I want to get to Alaska to see these gorgeous sunset...sunrises and the Northern Lights....had them in Montana, but I want to see them up close and personal..... just another one of the Bucket List things.... I was even looking at the real estate prices in Shana's area....there were three houses that I would consider if I were to move there.

Shana, thank you for the terrific picture, it's glorious! :cool:

My nephew and his Bride arrived in Fairbanks almost 2 weeks ago and the weather hasn't been welcoming! I bet they loved today. Tim will be going to the Middle East next month and Jackie will be returning home to her teaching job until his tour is over. They were married on the beach in Long Branch, NJ last month. It was beautiful and so much fun! My niece is there visiting them this week and his parents will be going up mid September before he deploys.

They had already ordered Milepost Magazine but thank you all for the info on what they would need arriving in Alaska, I did warn them about the bugs and Tim wrote that they used a gallon of windshield washer fluid a day on the way up.:o

• 1 month later...

Archived