My First Longarm Quilt.....

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post a picture of my first quilt on the Mille, but I'm not sure that I know how. Anyway, if it works, the quilt is 81x81 and has 81 blocks. I hand traced the blocks, pieced them and quilting them. Then I hand painted the quilt. I can't show close ups because I'm not sure how to focus the camera yet! Anyway it was fun.

Evelyn in Virginia

2079898400103885794S200x200Q85.jpg

2616274170103885794S200x200Q85.jpg

2894309940103885794S200x200Q85.jpg:P

Wow, you are a skilled lady! No one would ever guess this was your first. I would love to know how to paint on the fabric like you have done. It looks so beautiful. I can paint on canvas but I don't know the proper new products to make it happen on fabric. Do you use paint or ink? How do you keep it from bleading over onto another area. If you ever tire of these beauties just send them to South MS. :D

Sylvia,

I use a variety of fabric paints. I use the Jacquard paints that I buy from Dharma, I also use the Pebeo fabric paints that you can buy in an JoAnns store. I use a variety of fabric pen markers as well. I usually don't have a problem with the paint spreading. I do have that problem when I paint with fabric dye so I use a thickener for those. It's not hard. Give it a try. It's really fun. I have other pics on webshots if you want to look at those. (http://community.webshots.com/user/QuiltEve?vhost=community). Thanks for the kind words.

Evellyn

Archived