White on White Wedding Quilt

Here it is, finally. After two years it is ready in time to be a divorce quilt. It is a 3 foot Chinese dragon in the center with Japanese symbols going up the sides, with feathers from Karen Mctavish on the top and bottom.

The only computerized quilting is the cross hatching.

Sorry the pictures were taken in the evening so the lighting isn't the best.

"Oriental

"Oriental

"Oriental

"Oriental

"Oriental

Cheryle,

Really nice job. I love whole clothes! So are you serious that it will be a divorce quilt or is that a joke...hope the later! If not keep it for yourself!

I have to make 2 wedding quilts this year. Both of my children are getting married next year! I told them if they get married within a month of each other they need to just have a double wedding or I'll kill them. I so wanted to enjoy each of the weddings and be able to help and make a lot. No idea how I'll get it all done but I'm sure I will. It will be a challenge. I think I'm going to end up doing just wallhanging size for my son. His dog just ate a corner of his gf's first quilt! I know they would never use a wholecloth quilt which makes me sad but it is reality. I'm thinking of making them a double wedding ring but modify it. I have lots of thinking to do!

Originally posted by ffq-lar

(did you hear my jaw drop when I saw this?)

I did hear the bang, wasn't sure if it was your jaw or mine....glad you are the one with the soon to be bruise....

Cheryl....everything Linda said and a couple of more atta girls from me....I love whole cloth quilts, but have never gotten the courage to finish even the small one that I have plotted out...very nice...and if they get the divorce...I'm here with my hand out.:cool:

I am serious about it being a divorce quilt. The papers are signed and just need to be filed. It is fine that it is happening...sometimes things aren't meant to be. I will probably hang on to it for awhile and then give it to my daughter after everything is settled, but part of me just wants to hang on to it.

Heidi...you had better get to piecing because those weddings will be here before you know it:)

Bonnie,

I'll put you near the head of the line behind myself and my other daughter, Jessica for the quilt:D:P

Beth,

I may put it in local shows but nothing to be judged. I find to many faults, but again we are our own worst critic. There are things I would do differently so I would be more satisfied with the layout and design. I am thinking about making it again for juried shows.

Cheryl

Drop dead gorgeous!!!! Absolutely love the designs you selected!! Your work is fantastic.... need I say more - I love it!!

Sorry about being a divorce quilt - but I know when your daughter finally gets it, she will just love it no matter what the circumstances. I love whole cloth quilts and hope to do one someday............ certainly not ready yet!

That is an attractive whole cloth quilt. It attracted me!!! Dragons, hmmmmm, and Japanese symbols, and McT feathers. Very interesting. White on white. Luscious and captivating. I think it should show up in a few galleries this next year--yep, that's right. Google your local guild and make a list of shows. Apply for entry and put it up for judging and exhibition. It needs to be seen! That dragon needs to stretch out to the public eye. Turn it into a ribbon magnet.

I am glad all of you like it. If you knew what I had to do for the micro-stippling you would know it couldn't be entered in a show for judging:D

JoAnn,

I used the outline feature on the CQ. I jogged to the place I wanted to start and set the first point, hit the "s" key (to set the point), then I jogged diagonally to the second point, hit the "s" key to set the second point, press the "f" key to finish the line, then "g" key to go to zero. Then just hit run and it will stitch your line. You can set more lines by jogging to the next spot and keep hitting the "s" key. Just remember that it will stitch to every point. If you are going around appliqué you need to set many points around the appliqué so the machine knows where to stitch. I didn't set points around the dragon. It was easier to just do single lines, tie off and bury. But I have used this technique to cross hatch a whole border by setting points. I didn't mark any lines. I just jogged to the next place by using the 1" jog or the .01 for the closer lines that are 1/2 inch apart. This keeps it symmetrical and straight.

There may be an easier way but this works for me.

Cheryl

Archived