Pic of Ye Olde Forest Quilt Shop.

Well...we are almost settled in. A Lenni to your right as you enter the shop and a Milli at the back behind the fabric cases. Notions, books and even tables for upcoming classes are all crammed into 1000 square feet.

Now...if your ever in the area, please stop by and say hello. Don't let me get bored. I tend to meddle with Joannes things when I'm not occupied. :P

post--13461900356837_thumb.jpg

How wonderful! Your new place looks very inviting. And a Lenni right by the front door! Maybe you could place a "patient-husband waiting chair" near the Lenni--men are fascinated by fancy machinery!

Will Kitty be the shop dog? I love places that make room for the four-legged members of the family!

Originally posted by KelleyJones

Oh wow! Joanne was born in Wilmington. Unfortunately, we are in Greensboro. About 3 and a half hours from the coast. Thanks for the encouragement...we hope to have everything in place by the end of this week.

Kelley,

Maybe some day I'll make it back to Greensboro. It is so hard to travel a lot when you already drive 12 1/2 or more hours and only see your son 2 x's a year! I think we could drive from NY to NC in our sleep. We spent almost 12 years there total out of 22 years in the Marine Corps and we have driven home more times than I'd like to remember! Once I retire we'll have more time to travel. Congrats the new store looks wonderful and NC needs a few great stores. I wish you all the luck in the world!

How far are you from Pigeon Forge? We drive down Rt 26 a few times a year to see our kids in FL and would love to stop to see you. Your shop looks beautiful...so cozy.....a place you want to go and spend alot of time (and money) in.

Still thinking about the Wild Ladies classes. have to make a decision soon, I know or all classes will be taken,.

Kelley and Joanne, ( a married couple, male Kelley just spells his name girly style) it looks as pretty in the photo as it does in person... Gee, I could come demo the Lenni.. hmmmmmm I wonder what the wages would be? lol

So tickled for the two of you.. wishing you both great success and that you'll be looking for a larger space by next year this time..

RitaR

If I ever make it up that way, I hope the 4-legged friend will be there. 4-legged critters are my heart. Your shop looks really inviting. When you have your open-house-gala you need to have someone who knows what they are doing quilting on both machines. Even those husbands sitting in the "patient-husband waiting chairs" will be up and watching! :D:D

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! We are excited and scared!

Please feel free to come visit us. There is a map on our home page - double click, enter your address and you have directions! We are in the center of NC - where I85/I40 meet. Did you know you can take I40 from NC to California - just in case other Famous teachers want to come visit us! (Did I mention it might take about a week?:o

My only regret is that I don't have much time to cruise the APQS chat as much anymore:( I have to check it out at lunch and late at night!

The Wild Women Classes are already 70% full and we have over 6 months before Sue and Karen are coming to NC - (ok...everytime I say that I have to do a Happy Dance!:P:P)

:P Myrna is coming to our Shoppe too in January! How Cool is That!!!! (Ok...dog is staring at me for doing another Happy Dance):P:P:P

Thanks again! Come see us and let us know you are part of the APQS family!

Archived