Redid the sewing studio!

GREAT JOB CARON

So how long did that take you. I do mine every six months or so and reorganize my mess till then I can't find anything. my room is 14 x 16 but also houses my Lenni. So we are all very tight and cozy, but when it gets a mess it is hard to work, so I have to keep it picked up more now with the Lenni co-

habitating with the little machines. We are all getting along quite well. I think My Little Miss Lenni is the Alpha Female though!! LOL JP

Caron, Your room looks great. Very organized and efficient and looks so nice.

My room is about 13 X 14 and houses a microwave cart with a TV on top (not a microwave), a desk, a sewing machine cabinet, 2 bookcases, a cutting table, an armoire and an 11 foot Liberty. It has two doorways (one to the laundry room and one to the back yard) and the steps to go up to the first floor. Oh, did I mention, it is in the basement, although I am lucky to have two windows which look out to the yard.It's sure crowded! My adjoining laundry room holds mucho bins of fabric and my ironing board, plus the washer, dryer heater,etc.

If I'm ever "born again" (no, not talking religion here), I will have a quilting space that is large enough to have a nice "studio" and can have small classes held there, and have a "guest" house so I can have retreats.....Hey Mary Beth - Did you ever buy that wonderful round barn to convert into a retreat? LOL

OK. I am in work so I better wake up from that day dream. :D

Great job on the organization, Caron. I know that feels wonderful, because I cleaned mine up once and felt all warm and tingly for days. :D

Speaking of organized studios, does anyone watch Living With Ed on Planet Green? The episode I saw today featured a Santa Monica quilter's studio that is worth the price of the DVD just to see her studio. So beautiful and so organized. I'm going to have to do something about my mess......someday.;)

Originally posted by quiltaholi_518

Did you know for example that pool noodles make wonderful foundations for rolling up a quilt? (right side out, of course!) they tuck nicely under the bed or in a corner of a closet....

I knew there had to be a better reason to buy them than playing in the pool....look out next spring...I like that tip better than the folding and putting into a truck idea....Thanks Caron, and should I win the lotto, I'm sending you a ticket.:P;) And I'm a really really good cook....

You have a magic touch with organizing! The best part--it looks like a great inviting work area! Your airfare will be on my list--but we might defer to Bonnie for the cooking--I'll try to improve my cooking (I just don't like to do it) while I buy the lottery tickets! Thanks for sharing great pictures!!

Archived