Elmer's Quilt- finished except binding

Although I did not know Elmer, I have been honored to have the opportunity to work on this quilt.  I hope it does justice to his memory.  Thank you Cheri for allowing me to do this for you.

Assorted fabrics for the top, Kona white cotton on back.  17 top thread colors, white Fil-tec bobbins, Tuscany wool batting.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jtconcessions/sets/72157645495994175/

Amazing, Teresa!

Isn't it stunning when you take an already-interesting but flat top and add such well-thought-out quilting designs to turn it into Art with a capital "A"! I followed your trials with different fabrics and border designs after you did the great piecing of the center, and you rocked it!

I know Cheri will love it, and I do too!   :wub:

Can't believe I did realize this beautiful quilt is in memory of Elmer for Cheri! Wow! Teresa, you have done an amzing job piecing and quiltikng it. Cheri will cherish it forever!!!! You are so special to so this for her! Hugs to  you and Cheri!

Teresa that turned out fabulous, you have taken a hated word and shown the love it can't destroy. I'm sure Cheri is thrilled with such a masterpiece, and Elmer is smiling on both of you. Thanks for sharing with us.  Saundra

Teresa, my internet has been out all day and I didn't get to see this until a couple of hours ago.  It has taken me this long to compose myself enough to write.  It is everything I had hoped for and more.  There are several quilts hanging throughout Indiana University Hospital but none that can compare to this.  It may be hard to believe but Elmer enjoyed going to the infusion center for his chemo.  No matter what the situation was he could find something positive about it. He was a people person and all the nurses loved him and always argued over who would take care of him. He made them laugh and one in particular would spend every free minute she had sitting and talking with him. She missed her father and would ask Elmer for advice. 

Elmer and I noticed there were no quilts hanging in the infusion center....now there will be. As hard as it will be to let it go...I comissioned this quilt so that it could be hung there in Elmers memory and after spending a little time with me I will take it to them. 

The quotes on the quilt list all the things cancer CAN NOT take from a person and Elmer was proof that those quotes are true.  He would be so very proud.  I will make a label and list you as the quilt maker and me as the donor. You should also be proud that your work of art will hang at IU hospital to inspire other cancer patients. Thank you.

I am at a loss for words after Cheri's post. Wow! Teresa, it is stunning; what a work or art for so many people to enjoy. Cheri, what a wonderful blessing for all those going through chemo. God Bless you both!!!

Archived