Just finished last night

Sadly, this is a wedding quilt that a friend and I pieced and I quilted. It is to go to the newlyweds on Saturday. Yes, I said Saturday. Must get the binding done tomorrow evening.

Even though I am still a wanna-be longarmer, this quilt was done on the machine in the picture. No stitch regulator! Just a speed regulator. All from the back, no front handles.

So glad that everyone likes it.

post--13461900552658_thumb.jpg

Rona you did a terrific job! I had an old rotary stretched machine prior to getting my longarm and it does take skill to make it looks as you did! Wow and you did it from teh back? I could drive mine from the front! When you get a longarm you will be magnificent!!!! Great job and the quilt is just beautiful!

OK so I have a question, how do you end so well right in the ditch from the back? I am not happy with this on my longarm and have such a hard time getting it in the ditch! What's your secret?

Right in the ditch. Hmmm...

Um, rulers, slow, leaning over, hip and feet hurt when done. Taking breaks every hour when working that way.

I made 4 passes on this quilt.

1. Double poly for the trapunto.

2. Loaded with back, cotton batting, and top. Stabilized with SID completely through the whole quilt.

3. Rolled back the other way and did the feathers and crosshatching.

4. Rolled back the other way again to do the echo and fill on the feathers.

The heart feathers need more fill but that is not going to happen.

Thanks again...

Rona, that is stunning! I have a quilt (for myself) on the rack (I started calling it that yesterday, it brings a smile to my face ;) ) that I'm going to custom quilt and yours is similar to what I want to do. So, thanks for posting and for the inspiration!!

Kelly in CO

Hi gals! Yes, I'm in LA, everyone's at school or work - so I thought I'd see what I missed!

RONA!!!! My goodness girl! That's an awesome quilt, and I'm totally impressed to see what you quilted with! I'm thinkin' I shoulcn't commplain ever again about my machine!

Great job!

Archived