NQR - Bill update

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patty Jo and Bill,

Where ever you are in this doorway, with Bill passing through and you letting go, know that we all love you both and lift you up. May God's love sustain you now and in the months to come.

Each time I go deliver communion to the nursing home I leave them with this prayer.

"May the Lord bless you and keep you. May His light shine upon you and bring you peace."

Peace to you both

PattyJo, my prayers are with you and Bill. There is no right time to leave our families and join our father in heaven. Bill and our Lord knows when the time will be right and they will help you through the passing. My hugs and love are wrapped around you and your family.

Well, my DH is again surprising me! Today has been a good day and he is sleeping well this afternoon after several hospice visitors, a dear APQS chatter (NancyJo) who came and helped me by cleaning bathrooms & vacuuming the house this morning, an aid who came and bathed Bill and a friend from church came and sat with him this afternoon so I could catch a short nap. Yesterday, one of my church quilt members came over to the house and sat with Bill so that I could get a nap and then last night a fellow from church came over and brought along his guitar and played during the night and stayed until 8 am this morning watching Bill so that I could get a good long uninturupted night of sleep. I am so blessed by all the people who are supporting us during this time.

Tonight, it will be just Bill and I and that will be ok because we still need that alone time. Last time we were alone, we had some good conversations - although I'm not sure what he was talking about, but he knew and that is what is important. Thank you all for your prayers. For now, he has rallyed and I'm doing pretty well. Bill's passing will be hard, but I know that the Lord will give me the strength when it happens and I will make it through that hard time. This chat site, all my family and church family will see me through the difficult times.

More later when I have time.

Archived