NQR - Bill update

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sylvia, I haven't asked for it, but was told there would be someone available for me 24/7 when the time gets closer. I've asked our nurse about where he is in this process and get the same answer each time. No one knows, only God. And I know that's true. If I did know the time, I would be such a clock watcher - dreading what was coming every minute and yet anticipating it knowing that Bill would be so totally awestruck seeing our Lord at that moment. There is so much bitter sweet about going thru this. All of our lives together, he has always let me go first (like thru a door, in the buffet line, always the gentlemen) and now, I have to stand aside and let him go. But he promised me that he would save me a place at the banquet table! Love you all very much.

Oh, Patty Jo, my heart goes out to you. I lost my husband of 26 years about 6 years ago to brain cancer, so I know how the waiting feels. I was so exhausted and I recognize so much of that in you. I always told everyone that I didn't matter, I would rest when it was all over, and prayed that the time would never come. Trust that Bill will be alright when he meets the Lord. And he will be saving you a place right beside him. Know that we all support and love you and are here for you.

Guest Linda S

Patty - you and Bill are in my prayers. It's good you have a strong faith and know that Bill will be well cared for where he's going. You'll have a guardian angel to watch over you. In the meanwhile do your best to be more stubborn than he is and I hope you have more chuckles together before his time is over.

God bless you both.

Linda

Patty Jo,

I have never had to go through what you are going through and I can only put myself in your position. I do know that I always put myself last and take care of everybody else and I know that isn't always the best thing to do! Take care of yourself and enjoy the time you have left with Bill. I'm sorry you are both going through this. I just pray for peace and comfort for both you and Bill! In the meantime know that you and Bill have touched all of us by sharing! I know that I will appreciate my hubby more and just enjoy that we have each other! It is easy to get wrapped up in life and get too busy for each other. I need to make more time for us.

Patty Jo,

When my dad passed away a two years ago, a very wise and dear friend told me first, that dad was giving us the gift of time,...we had a few weeks with him, and then a surgrey that put him on ventilator for 3 1/2 days, but we were givin' that gift of time. BUT she also said, that if something were to happen and I was not with dad when he passed, THAT was the way it was suppose to be. I hardly left the hospital, only to shower because that same dear friend and another friend cooked our evening meal every evening and bought it all to the hospital to feed, not only all of us, but anyone else who was in the waiting room. I guess in my mind, when we know they have such a short time left on this earth, you do not want to miss a second of it. And yes we can rest up later..but do take the chance any time it appears, to shut your eyes and rest....the Lord will give you the strength you need right now and help you also. To tell you the truth, the only reason I got through those weeks, is BECAUSE I knew others were praying for me. I did not have the strength to do it myself. We are strong women, but also smart women and know to rest when we can. I think about you often, say prayers and know YOU will know: you did everything you could possibly do during this time. God Bless YOU. Judy

Patty Jo,

I was honored to be with my parents when they passed away and my father in-law, all within 24 months.

My father waited until we walked out of the room, took his last breath, he was alone for the first time in days.

When Mom was ill, I would lay next to her, read, look at magazines talk until I thought she would tell me to be quiet, like she would when I was a child.

The one thing I noticed with My Dear Mom was that she looked right through me, like she was seeing something I could not. Her gaze was amazing, not scarey but like she was anticipating something. Something was calling her, she couldn't hear me anymore.

As we children sat with her, I held her hand, we spoke of the love we had for her cheering her on. Laughing, Crying but just being there. I saw an eagle die that day.

My husbands father passed away 3 weeks after my mom, we all just had dinner, he stood up and passed.

All three had cancer. Our DS was 7, witnessed this, it was very hard on him.

God gives us what we need when we need it. I truly believe that now. You need so much right now, and I pray you can recieve from everyone around you. Thank God Bill has a much better place to go.

God bless you both

Months after my mom died, she came to me in a dream, as I hugged her, she cried out, as if in pain,

I said did I hurt you? (she had bone cancer) she said No, it just feels so good to be touched.

No Pain!!! Praise God.

I'm praying as you both journey through this time.

sue

PattyJo,

I prayed for you and Bill today as I listened to "In the Garden" while loading a quilt. I pray that Bill can cross over to Heaven soon and be free of this disease, and that you can get some rest. Remember to wrap up in the "Hug Quilt" whenever you need comfort. I made my daughter a quilt and the label said this "If you are cold, let this quilt warm you, if you are afraid, let it comfort you. If you need a hug, wrap it around you, and always know that you are loved." I think that's what we all wanted this quilt to do for you. We all love you.

Take care,

Robin Schock

Lighthouse Quilting (John 8:12)

Bill again turned another corner last evening. After having our good friends here to pray for him, we called the hospice nurse to come and check on him. They didn't expect him to last the night, but he is still with us this morning (5:45 AM). My friend Sue is out in the kitchen and is getting us some breakfast. Please Pray.

Patty Jo, I will be praying for you and Bill. We are leaving to spend Thanksgiving with our daughter in Indiana. I won't be able to check in as often, but I will be with you in spirit. My prayer is for a peaceful passing, and comfort in your soul.

God bless you

I awoke not long ago to the sound of angels singing. I wonder if they are for Bill. Like so many of my sisters here, I pray for peace for you at this time. Your and Bill's faith and courage during this journey has been a testimony to our Father. sending you a hug

Archived