What a pleasant surprise from my customer!!

I just want to tell you about a surprise I received from my customer who's Embers quilt I just completed. Here is the post in case you want to see the photos: http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=13654&page=1

I went to our Quilt Guild meeting this morning and she showed the quilt at show & tell. Later she passed by where I was sitting and handed me a card. I put it in my purse and opened it later when I came home and discovered she gave me more cash for the job. I had whined to you all (not to the customer) that I only made minimum wage on the quilt because it took me 13 hours and I didn't price the job right because I'm so new at this. In her card she wrote: "Thank you for all of the extra care and attention you put into my quilt. You certainly stretched yourself to do such a unique job. This "enclosure" is to make up some of the amount that you didn't charge me!!";););););)

I just want to say that I have met the nicest people while doing this job. I am so glad I started my business instead of finding another job sitting at a desk in front of a computer all day working with scientists on their grants and manuscripts (not to mention being exposed to chemicals and getting migraines).:(

My customer made my day and I just wanted to share.

Back to quilting.

Susan

I love it when someone goes over-the-top and seems to be over looked. Then all of a sudden you are noticed!! Wow!! I love it! You deserve the thanks she gave you and a lot more. I know what it is like to go the extra mile and no one cares.....but I just think some day it will change.

You did a wonderful job and your quilting is great!! You go girl!

Renae

Its nice when the extra thank you comes your way....you will do a bit more each time for this customer, and not always charge for all the goodies...not to get the extra surprise, but because you realize she/he realizes that you have a talent and they appreciate it. Being appreciated does mean alot....and when you get a little card like that...its a huge atta girl.;):P;)

How nice that your workmanship was validated by your customer. I recall a (very well-known) quilt teacher telling us that if your customer sends you flowers (or buys you a gift) because she's so pleased with the job you've done, then you did not charge enough. Now you know what your work is worth!

Carolyn

It must be nice customer week. I did a communion table runner for a customer who asked me to try monofiliment thread on it. When I gave her the quilt, she handed me a handmade card, beautifully personallized and a note saying here was a tip. She had almost given me twice the amount I had charged her. When I went back to her, thinking a couple of bills must have stuck together, she just said she so appreciated me trying the special thread because she had not been able to get anyone to do it before, that she wanted to show her appreciation.

Oh my, this is gorgeous!!!! I want to be able to quilt like that one day. Congratulations on a beautiful piece of art. You should be very proud. I am getting a Hartley Fence with my new Millie that is coming.. Does anyone know if it will do anything like this?

Virginia

I was at the meeting with Susan and her customer told the group (almost 200 very talented women) that Susan quilted the quilt for her! Nothing like public acknowledgment!!! I was so happy for her! Great way to get your name out there, especially when you're sorta new! Kudos for a job well deserved.

The quilt it quite stunning in person. Pictures never do them justice. I think the gradient fabric really made the quilt unique, and the quilting set it on fire! Perfect quilting to really highlight that quilt. Great job Susan.

Susan, How wonderful!

The spirals on that quilt were so well chosen and so well done. You really did a beautiful job. Isn't it wonderful to be appreciated in such a tangible (and welcome) manner?!

I have had clients send me notes or make phone calls after they've gotten home and really looked at their quilts. But, alas, no extra money. Whatever, it is so nice to know that you have made someone that happy. Good for you! And good for the world!

I just checked ou the picture and Wow and in my favorite color!! I think I should save my $$ and buy a Circle Lord. How much is the initail investment? Awesome Quilt.

Hey Susan where do you live in Oceanside? I grew up there. Graduated in 1976 from Oceanside High School. Used to live on Penkea one street down from Mesa Dr., just off Hoover. It isn' the O'side I grew up in anymore.

Hi Kirstie,

Check out Circle Lord's website for pricing and different design boards and templates: http://www.loriclesquilting.com/

I've lived in Oceanside for the last 10 years, just around the corner from El Camino High School. I love it here, especially being just a few miles from the beach. Yes, it has changed alot over the years, but I think for the better except for the developers building hotels at the beachfront.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful compliments!! :)

Archived