Check out this sashing

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Heidi.

I first did SID around the 2 outside logs with parallel lines. Then I did the parallel lines inside the logs. Next I did SID around the rest of the block and did the CC in the small green square when I reached it. This left me at the edge of the outermost circle. Then I did the circles from largest to smallest(16", 15", 13", ribbon candy and then 12") and this left me at the sashing. I did SID over previous SID on the outside edge of the block (about 2 ") to the seam in the sashing. I did SID in the seam and then could do the next block the same way. I had to stop and tie off after the second block. I did all of the blocks like this, then came back and added the feather sashings, hiding the stop and start in the seam lines over previous SID. It really was pretty fast since I didn't bury any threads except on the feather wreaths.

Hope this helps. If not, let me know and I can draw pictures. If you are like me, pictures are always better!!

Debbi, I ditto EVERYTHING that has been said about this quilt and your quilting!!! It is truly a beautiful quilt and beautifully quilted. I am inspired to try your techniques and this pattern. What would make it even better would be if I had some of the fabrics that you used also. I just looked at the pattern and they said to use jelly rolls etc. Is yours a particular line, and if so, do you know what it is? Thanks for showing this wonderful gift for your grandmother.

There's sure a lot of love stitched into this one. :) I am constantly amazed at what I see on this forum. I LOVE the colors and the way you quilted the circles on the square/rectangle pattern, as well as the lovely sashing. You transformed this from a very pretty quilt into a breath-taking quilt.

Absolutely a family treasure!

Laura, a wannabe long arm quilter

Hey, thanks guys. Like I said before, this quilt was really fun because I could do what I wanted without any concern over price. I need more of these......

Mom saw the quilt last night and she was pretty pleased with it. I know that Grandma will love it. I hope to get the binding started tonight.

Debbi

Thanks for sharing this quilt. Just having a GM to share it with is a blessing!!! Always enjoy your parents and grandparents.

The Quilting is beautiful, and I know what you mean when you say you can quilt it without a thought of billing it.

Is anyone else raising prices this next year... I know I need to.

Keep up the good work! Wow this quilt is perfect!

OH Debbi, It is BEAUTIFUL!! I have a jelly roll.......hummmmmm...:) If you could, could you draw it out? I am so much a visual learner that I am reading your notes on how you did it and kind of going....?huh????? How big is your quilt and what kind of batting did you use? The quilting REALLY shows up so nice!! It's going into my fav's also!!! :) linda

Debbie, that is drop dead gorgeous quilting you did on that quilt! I think I actually gasped when the picture finished downloading. <LOL> It truly is beautiful and an inspiration for us to try different designs in quilting. I've never seen such beauty in a log cabin design before. Well done!!

Rita

Canada

Love that sashing....and you spaced it so evenly! I just had to comment on how well the quilting elements all fit together. Your wreath highlights that square perfectly and the circle dropped back behind is unexpected and unifies the whole block!

Great Job. I love to see people use circles in unexpected ways like that ;)

Archived