Successful Finish

...thanks to all of you, especially Shana and Bonnie. Shana for the pattern, Bonnie for the variegated thread and the rest of you that seconded their opinions. You guys are great.

I finished the other day. As you can see, my "jagged" glass edges are more like geometric little quilting do-wahs with a few jagged things thrown in, but the overall effect turned out great. This first picture is of the whole thing...the second is a close up.

And my next post will be asking for quilting help, yet again. Neither my customer nor I had any real good ideas for the next one.

post--13461901173439_thumb.jpg

Thanks, everyone. Bobbette...not so innovative. It was Shana's idea for the pattern and several folks, but especially that pushy Bonnie:P, to do the variegated thread.

Kenna, if you go to my original post where I asked for ideas, Shana drew out what I did, except hers was more jagged and mine were more square. Let me know if you can't find it, I'll draw it and send it to you.

Originally posted by DoryJM

but especially that pushy Bonnie:P, to do the variegated thread.

Gotta love me.....

Wasn't that what the Baby dino Dude always said when Earl his dad would want to punish him.... sorry can't remember the show name it was on in the late 80's

Isn't it fun to do the right thing? Occassionally I get it right myself! And isn't it fun to make quilt tops into quilts! I love this job. Really neat quilting Dory! Yah, you betcha! (Sorry, that was a carryover from the North Dakota joke post!)

Thanks Mary....I was having a case of CRS....and I just for life of me went blank....now if Gene had been here I would have asked him....he loved that little Dino Dude.... and he would go around the house "Gotta Love Me" and your's as well...."Not the Momma". He would drive me nuts.

Archived