Here it is...as promised....

I'm so happy this one is done....

2867221290090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

I can't post that center block, but you all can see it on the other post. So that part looks better. This is the piece I cut off the center....

2486889070090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

Then the next 3 pictures are the "darts" I had to take in the border. You can't tell it now, but those half square triangles had easing on the edges, almost as big as gathers in a waistband of a skirt.

2934003840090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

2579841150090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

2142193550090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

Oh, and look...my quilt is waving goodbye....

2014447180090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

2086732270090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

Did I say that I'm happy this one is done?? ;)

Thank you ladies.

The finger is healing nicely. Feel like a giant hang nail now :) Funny thing, while quilting this quilt and tying to hold down the folds in the fabric, my thread kept breaking...one thing after another and I reached up - for what I don't know - and the hoppin foot caught my little finger nail and broke it way back on my finger....same hand...now I have a bandaid on my pinky and index finger....Like I have said since I started quilting....time to buy stock in the bandaid company :D

Originally posted by lizziesgirl

When you took your dart did you sew it down with the Millie or tack it then sew it by hand later?

As I came to a "wave" I would pinch it together and fold it over. I would change my thread to the purple and use the Millie. I turned up the stitch as far as it would go, pinned down the fold, then stitched very close to the edge, taking out the pins as I came to them. On some of the folds, the dart went into that green triangle, then I would change to green and do the same thing.

I know this is not the best solution for quilting, but this customer is new, and I know she would not have taken this quilt apart and fixed it....and I didn't want to. Besides, it would have ended up costing her more than the quilt is worth.

Note to self, go over the quilt completely when the customer is here.

Gosh MB, you did such a beautiful job on this! How awesome you are!!!

Now, as to the finger, pinkie, falling thru the ceiling, and all the other clumsy stuff, I will NEVER park in your driveway!

Last fall I arrived early to babysit for my great niece - when my nephew left, he was back in the house in a flash... He had backed into my car which was NOT IN HIS WAY!!! Yeah, he does those things a lot too. Hence the I'm not parkin' in YOUR driveway!!!

Be well Mary Beth!!!

Yep! The quilt from he%* turned out great! I hate those that are so off no amount of starch & steam will fix 'em. I tell my customers to fix them or pay me to fix them. (I charge $25/hr. to fix them.) That way, the customer usually does it. I hate to take them apart so I try to make it worth my while. The fine line is..............will they just give up or take it somewhere else? It's especially discouraging when someone is new and they think they've done a bang up job. I hate to burst their bubble. I want them to like quilting and to keep doing it, so I try to be gentle. We aren't magicians, but I think your solution was great. Sure is good to get them done and off the machine. What a relief, especially when the customer is happy as a clam!

Why is it when you think you have just finished the most challenging quilt of your career, the next one shows up :o

The quilt I am working on now is a 1938 Autograph quilt.....you all know I love vintage quilts, but wow, what a challenge. This one is put together in verticle rows. Six blocks down, 5 across. The customer wanted sashing with a colored setting block in the intersections. These blocks all have biased edges so that one edge of the block measures 11 1/4" and the opposite edge measures 11 3/4" or 11 1/2".....talk about a mess. I to piece it and quilt it. It is together, but the quilting will begin tomorrow....if I don't run away from home first.

Archived