Atkinson's Lucky Star, FINISHED w/PICS

This top was made by a friend of mine. She is letting me practice on it and I can do anything I want. Problem is...I don't have a clue what to do with it. I can see why I could never do a customer quilt! Any suggestions welcome. The blocks are 15" square. The star center is approx 9" square.

If you don't know what to do with this one...wait till you see the other two tops she gave me. I draw a blank when looking at them. Thanks all for looking. I will post the other tops separately.

2650930850104483472S425x425Q85.jpg

2457723920104483472S425x425Q85.jpg

Hi Kristina~

I did one similar to this a while back. What I did was make a secondary pattern. I used the Hartley Fence and did circles around all the stars. starting in the center a getting larger as I went out. The outer circle would cross over the joing blocks outer circle making even another design. Using the Fence, you can achieve this rather quickly.

I'll have to see if I can find the picture.

Hope this helps.

Laura

Okay, Here is the completed quilt. I went with Laura's idea of using concentric circles. Thanks Laura! This was great practice at using my Hartley Fence. Which I love, by the way. I can see this being a great tool...and one that I will use alot.

I did a large meander in the busy border. Was going to practice more feathers...just too much going on. Hard enough to see where I was going, even harder to tell where I had already been. Thanks for all the suggestions. This was practice for me, so the HF circles seemed a wise choice.

2532929150104483472S425x425Q85.jpg

Archived