NQR resigned from my job today

Need some prayers my way as I resigned from my good paying, good benefits, day job today. The work environment became so volatile that I could not stay. I had planned on leaving this spring as my husband and I are moving to the lake and selling the farmhouse, but the economy scares me and I thought I would try to stay awhile. It was not to be and everything came to a head today. I am done April 1st. I decided I could stay and have insurance for the poor health that was bound to develop due to the stress, or I could leave and not have insurance and hopefully have good health. I know, I'm crazy! I just finished my last customer quilt and am really nervous about that. But on the bright side, maybe this was just the final nudge I needed to make the break. I really am tired of working for other people. I have worked 19 years as a banker and now 6 1/2 years for the county. It's time to move on...hopefully not to the poor house!

Robin,

My heart goes out to you-I may lose my job too. I certainly think that you will be better off without all the stress, happier, more energy, and might want to wake up in the morning again!

Keep smiling and take each day as it comes, you might be surprised!

Good wishes to you.............:cool:

God will settle your heart. This may have come to a head for a purpose, might not know what that will be now. Obviously if you had planned on resigning anyway it was because you could. Fear just told you you shouldn't. Whats fear know. More clients will come. Get your name and work out there for the top piecers to see how great a quilter you are.

Best of luck and don't let doubt get you down.

What's that saying about God doesn't close a door without opening a window? I may have it all wrong, but the idea is that this may just be your chance to move on to something better in your life...like good health, happiness, and a whole lot less stress.

God bless you.

Hi Robin, it takes guts to leave a good paying job--even if its not the job you wanted. I work for the county, too, and things are so stressful there right now. They lay people off that they don't consider important and then they hire other people and pay them way over normal for "specialty" jobs.

You did the right thing; your health is way more important than any job. Just remind yourself every morning how good it will be to stay home between now and your last day.

As my husband always says, "There are no accidents." You were meant to leave that job and experience good things!

Hi Robin,

Keep the positive attitude, as they say, its just in the head, please avoid worry.

I too lost my good paying job in May 2006, after 10 1/2 demanding years, the company outsourced it.

Now I am longarming, I am content and I thank the good Lord everyday for this marvelous opportunity to do what I love the most, quilting and I do get paid for it too. Take care.

Corey

Man...Robin, I so feel for you. Not only in a crappy economy, but the place you live...the depression's in Montana when they hit are even more than other places. But I too feel that things happen for a reason, and someone was telling you it was time to more on. The bickering or whatever it was. Was a voice from above knowing he had to make it really nasty and a bad place to work before you would move to your next place in life...so that's why it was the way it was. It was his way to make you mad enough to move on.

I sometimes just wish he would talk in our language instead of unclear hints and obstacles. When you are raised to just "Cowboy Up" and work through the tough and bad times it takes a bit longer for his message to get through.

It will be okay, but I'm sure its going to be a bit of work as well. Did I hear correctly that you were opening up the Old Opera house at Fort Peck or was I dreaming that one. Some times my days and nights run into each other and I can't remember things correctly...:P;):P

I can't say any more than anyone has already said. My heart goes out to you. Probably more of us have been in a job like you described more often than not. Let me just say this. You get up every morning, and go about your day. You will probably need to tighten your belt a bit, but you will survive and you might find that even though you won't have the same things in life you may have had before, it might be worth the trade off.

Robin

May the Lord bless and keep you for stepping out in faith and doing the right thing. The Lord will not open the doors of oppurtunity until you are ready to walk through them. Be blessed and comforted in your decision and know that he is with you always. Jeanne

Robin,

I've had my hours cut by 25% recently and making ends meet doesn't even begin to say that even if the ends were made out of elastic, would they meet! As the sole financial provider for my sons as a single mom of 10 years this is tough. No two bits around that. We can't control outside circumstance, but we can control how one CHOOSES to feel about the situation and we control our actions as to what we do about it.

I have to make a strong concerted effort not to fall into negative thinking. I remind myself that all I really have to do is breathe. That brings my focus back to what I can do in this minute only and that gets me to move onward. My prayers are with you. May your heart know peace and remember to find something that genuinely makes you smile. Today I heard the cardinals having a spirited discussion. That makes me smile.

Your emotional well being aware from a toxic environment is important. You have made a positive, life supporting decision. A tough one. Be well my friend.

Robin,

A little over two years ago I was in a job I hated. There were pending layoffs and a lot of stress. I looked into retiring but my sister talked me into holding out a little longer. Less than a month past what would have been my retirement date I got a one month notice of a layoff. There were other jobs for which I could have applied and would have probably gotten. However, I felt like God had given me a kick in the pants to do what I was supposed to have done a month earlier. It really turned out to be one of the best decisions (i.e. to retire) I have made.

Earlier in my life while in the process of making a huge life changing decision, I asked a phychologist if I had made the right decision. His response was to ask me how I felt. I told him I felt llike I was Atlas and the world had been taken off my back. He told me then that no one has knowledge of what will happen in the future but it sounded like I had made the right decision for me at the time.

I know that God opens a window when He closes a door. You just have to be patient as it is on His time. I will keep you in my prayers.

Pamela

Robin, all the above advice and wishes are all good. Just keep your head held high, putting one foot in front of the other. Life and the way we live it is so much more important than the things that we mistakenly put importance in. Enjoy your life, enjoy your quilting, doing what you enjoy and things will all work out. My prayers are with you today for peace in your heart. When I'm going thru something where you think your life is turned upside down, I read my my Bible and one of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29: 11. He does have a plan for each of us.:)

Robin,

I left my toxic work environment about 5 years ago. I did software support was on call 24 hours a day and my customers were stock brokers. I decide to quit when my DH told me that he actually liked me better when I was managing restuarants. (and I know I was a B---- then....)

DH is happy to have his wife back. I now realize that having a high stress job no matter how much it pays is not worth it for me. I will never regret leaving that job. I miss some of my coworkers, but they are only a phone call or email away. And since my job is quilting, what's not to love about that. :)

I am hoping and praying that you end up.... much happier, less stressed with a job/life you love.

Wow all the heartfelt wonderful advice! Doesn't this make you feel good? Robin you did the right thing. Focus on #1 (you) and everything else will fall into place. Keep reminding yourself that you were meant to have this horrible job, and you were meant to quit it and move on because God has a plan for all of us and these little lessons in life will bring you to only better places and make you an even better human being. If you keep the faith that your destiny is leading you to a good place, then you will continue with the right attitude. If you have the right attitude, that's 99% of the battle. Sending you many hugs.

And smile. :) Smile. Life is good. Good things lie ahead for you.

Archived