Quiet Village now in McCall's Quilting Mag.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. Becca did a beautiful job desgining this quilt. Yes that is laundry hanging from the line. I left the two building plain to make them sort of pop out in front of the others. Not sure if it was the best idea.

She used some turn and fold techniques that I've never done and the flowers are all french knots. It is a wonderful wall hanging and I can't wait to see the ones you guys make.

Funny story, I had seen a quilt done in the LQS called house on the hill and bought the pattern because I fell in love with it. Yup you guessed it, Becca designed and made that one also. When my friend passed my name on to her to quilt this one, I was so thrilled to even be asked.

Joanne, fantastic quilting. Congratulations on "being in print". You really MADE the quilt look alive and 3 dimentional.

I just started a subscription to McCall's so I probably won't get this issue (takes 6 to 8 weeks they said), but if this is any indication of the type of quilts and quilting in it, I can't wait.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my magazine and it looks good, BUT your pictures of the quilting are FAR superior to those in the magazine. In my opinion, your quilting makes the quilt and it's too bad the magazine didn't photograph that as well. Congratulations on being published. That must be really exciting!! :)

Archived