Scrap quilt with pictures

Someone on here posted about a scrap quilt pattern site. The website owner talked about how to sort your scrap fabric. One day I was looking at my scraps and found that I had a lot of brown and pink fabric, so I made a quilt out of 4 inch squares! this is the result. Look at all the yardage I would have lost had I thrown it away! I don't keep 2 inch squares, though. That's just too small for me to care about!

100_0874.JPG"
From Sewing

What I did is I used a stencil to draw the flowers randomly on the top and then I did a swirly meander in between the flowers to fill in space.

100_0876.JPG"
From Sewing

the back

100_0881.JPG"
From Sewing

The border doing a double pianokey. I just eyeball it. For customer quilts I would SID around the entire border, but I was lazygirl for my own quilt. :P

100_0882.JPG"
From Sewing

You are probably talking about Bonnie Hunter's website, quiltville.com. I love this site. Great use of your pink/brown squares. I see you even through minkee into the mix. What a great quilt. I love these "free" quilts that come from my stash. I save almost every scrap and cut them either into useable strips or squares of all sizes. Nice quilting on this one.

I too love scrap quilts! They challenge you to make a beautiful quilt from many fabrics that you might otherwise have not used together. They usually turn out to surprise you. Nice job. Your border was a perfect fabric to tie it all together. :D

I love Scrappy Quilts, they are my biggest seller. Fresh and funky fabrics, all kind of mix and mingle combinations. I visited the quiltville.com site and got some great ideas for my leftover strips. Now I make strip quilts when I want an absolutely mindless thing to do. Just reach and sew, no color coordination, just whatever. I recently made this out of Batik leftovers, btw...anything goes from 1" to 2.5" and they do not need to be straight cuts either.

post--13461901593898_thumb.jpg

Cool FREE quilt! Love that kind! Your freehand is great, and pink and brown always reminds me of those chocolates in the assorted chaocolates boxes that my dad always got for my mom, the ones with the whipped cherry cream ones!

Monika, I know what you mean, grab and sew, it's like therapy, huh? I. Love yours!

Archived