Is That our Heidi with an MQX ribbon

Linda thanks for posting and Thanks everybody! It is all so exciting.

Irene - yes all that for a scrunched quilt. For those of you not in on this. Charlotte and I got here yesterday and we found my quilt and I was not happy. The frame they have it on is a little too narrow so the top is scrunched to fit and it looks like it doesn't lay right. I was not at all happy about that! Well after I got my award this morning and got back to my seat Charlotte says, "All that for a crooked quilt?" We both laughed! She felt so bad for me being so frustrated about the way it was hanging. She is still giving me a hard time!

Heidi, Congratulations... so tickled for you.. and see, all those Horrible, standing out mistakes really had a negative effect. LOL..

Proud of you, kiddo.

I wish they could find someone with nothing to do, to take and post picts of all the winners, at least.. Would love to see some of them.

RitaR

Originally posted by kennan100

Double congratulations Heidi! So, are the newlyweds going to get the ribbon, too? LOL! I think not!

Kenna - they are definitely not getting the ribbon but I may let them view it :P:P:P:P:P:P!

Shana - thank you! I found 2 of your quilts today and they look great! I can't believe you did them in your Rookie year! I didn't have much time at all to look at quilts. I got pictures for you of them hanging (yours were hung correctly). I'll try to post them for you tomorrow. I just got in and I'm exhausted!

The show was great. Heidi's quilt was hung crooked. Thank heavens that they do the judging when the quilts are flat. It really deserved the ribbon. I tried very hard to cheer her up on Wednesday during the preview but she was bummed. We sat in the front row of the Awards Breakfast with our breakfast balanced on our knees. They went through the different award catagories and she didn't place in the the wall hanging catagory and I think that she should have. When her name was awarded for second place I thought I was going to have to pick her up from the floor. She shouldn't have been surprised the quilt was wonderful. Way to go Heidi and everyone who entered. You really all deserved ribbons. You are a whole lot braver and more confident than I am.

Charlotte

Heidi's quilt is beautiful. I'm glad I got to see it up close and personal. :)

Shana, I found all three of your quilts. Way to go! They looked spectacular hanging there so proudly.

Tracey, I finally got to see your "leather" work quilt. Really awesome in person.

Debbi, I also saw your quilt. Beautiful!

Bonnie's quilt, all red and white, was gorgeous.

There were so many unbelievably beautiful quilts. They were all winners.

Archived