A first timer

First thing every morning with my first cuppa I check Today's Posts. I'm constantly amazed with the work all you wonderfully talented ladies & gentlemen share.

Time to bite the bullet and post a picture of a quilt I recently finished. It's a little wholecloth, 24" in diameter, and I was inspired by a Jim Arndt photo found in a little book named "Cowboy Boots". After receiving permission from Mr. Arndt, George and I started playing....we had the best time. I used Irena Bluhm's color pencil technique and Renae's Rays to mark the quilting lines.

This is my first picture post so hope it works.

Thanks for looking,

jill

2487893450046492553S425x425Q85.jpg

2074557040046492553S425x425Q85.jpg

Jill, that is fantastic! The coloring is really great (did everyone visit the detail shot too?) and I love the way you chose to stitch the rays in a way that mimics stitching on boots! Is the fabric cotton or silk? Love it!

Thanks for sharing, Nancy in Tucson (another proud George owner)

Woooo hoooo wow! Look at you! :) I love them boots, girl! Great job!!!!!

PS: I am going to MQS this year and on my "top five list of must haves" are thread and Renae's Rays. I'm getting those for sure.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work. Please share more in the future.

Pat George on the head and tell him he's a good boy. ;) You two make a great team.

Thanks, everyone for your encouraging comments.

I had so much fun with this one, and the process was relatively fast...it is definitely a "keeper"

I'm considering doing a series of "Boot" quilts.

I just might try Sherry Rogers-Harrison's inklique technique on the next one....no need to apply textile medium to set the color.

Nancy, the fabric is a Kaufman cotton/silk blend called Radiance. It's a very tight weave with a wonderful sheen and hand.

Shana....I have both Renae's Rays and her Mini Rays...they are both super tools.

I'm seriously considering sending an entry to Houston....have never ventured out that far, so it's a bit scary...but....nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh?

Crossing my fingers.

Thanks again everyone.

Have a super day!

jill

Jill my goodness you better send an entry to Houston. You made an absolutely wonderful and beautiful work of art. WOW is all I can say. we now expect to see lots of your beautiful work and I think a series on boots would be pretty cool

Archived