Next swap

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thanks for posting those pictures. Gives me some food for thought about setting and such. Lots of pointy-piecing. Do you remember the picture I posted in the beginning of the Pine Needle Quilt Shop fall quilt? Here, I'll post it again. I'm thinking I might like to do a little dividing and conquering this one.

I finally have a plan for my 30's quilt and should start on it this week.

post--13461902215061_thumb.jpg

Boni..what a pretty pattern. I don't quite have a plan for my blocks yet, but they sure are all pretty! I am going to post a picture of my completed blocks tomorrow.

?? Where did everyone sign on the black blocks? I am thinking about use a gold jelly pen and signing in the black. Sound okay...or does someone have a better idea?

Hello!

Here are my blocks, each black and muslin

They are slightly larger than 12 1/2" because I didn't know if anyone wanted to soak (not pre-washed) and trim themselves? On the black, I thought I would just write small on a light fabric?

Just a little self-promotion - in the background are some corn cobs I've made and the published pattern. I've sold quite a few patterns, but many corn cob fabrics weren't printed the last couple years, so sales non-existent. I happen to have a few patterns left, and some corn fabrics of my own if anyone is interested. (half-price!)

Thanks,

post--13461902215154_thumb.jpg

Cathy, that's a great idea for that corn fabric. It's a "duh" moment for me, because my cousin does a lot of applique and she's always looking for just the right fabric for the job. Wait till she sees this pattern. There was a quilt at the Sister's outdoor quilt show that used corn fabric for the block and surrounded it with sashing of red,white, and blue. I'll try to post a picture of it. You'd never know it was corn from a distance. I guess they were trying to look mid-western patriotic---corn fields of America.

post--13461902215353_thumb.jpg

Okay...I did it. I just have to add my name to the blocks. I am going to buy a gold jelly pen this afternoon and sign blocks and mail them tomorrow. WHEW! I beat the deadline. That sure feels good. I used the one-seam dimensional flying geese for this Toad in the Puddle block. I hope everybody likes them. I had fun making them.

close-up:

2822005880104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

all 12:

2794459260104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

Holly like you I forgot to sign my blocks, remembered when I made the extra for Bonnie.

So Teresa if it is not too much bother can you please sign my card tricks blocks for me.

Much appreciated:)

WOW I must say the blocks so far are fabulous, both light and dark. I have an idea for a quilt top which involves a centre block turned on point and Boni's tree will be perfect.

Eagerly awaiting my blocks:o

Karen

Karen and Boni,

We all must be on the same wave length. That tree in the muslin group just calls out to be the center of a quilt.

My DH saw the photos of the blocks and is already laying claim to the quilt before it is even put together. :D:D He loves the colors.:)

Cathy, I love the ears of corn blocks, and the ones you've made too, Kristina. Our quilts are going to be very pretty Fall colors and I know right where I'm going to hang it too!!!!

And thanks Teresa for posting pics of the blocks that you have so far. ;)

Archived