I need to say this.....

Hi girls, maybe it is hormones but I really need to let you all know how much I appreciate you all. In the last year since I joined this group, I have asked a million questions. Some have been more intelligent than others and some I'm sure were just plain stupid. But no one has ever made me feel anything but welcome. You are all, always willing to jump in with suggestions and ideas. I have never really been of much help to any of you, except to offer my 'rah, rah's" over your beautiful quilts. When Sue told me to join up here and that no one would care that I run a Gammill and not an APQS, I wasn't sure. I have to say to that if I'd have known about the kind of support, moral and otherwise I was going to get, my machine decision would probably have been different. Hindsight is 20/20. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my machine. But this kind of support...there is none. I guess I just want you all to know how much of a difference you have all made in my learning curve and experiences as a new quilter. I honestly think that without this forum, I would have given up longarming before I ever really got started. The only people I have learned from are all APQS owners. Thank you again. Maybe I will get to go to one of the big shows in the States someday and actually get to meet some of you in person.

Tracey

K. I'm done bein' a soppy sap.

Thanks for listening:)

I had been wanting to say something with many of the same thoughts as Tracey but, like her, thought it might come across as hormones acting up (or even worse). My Millie just arrived (and my room is not yet done) so I haven't had many questions but know I will and also know I will be comfortable knowing I won't be labeled negatively. I have learned so much reading this forum and seeing the beautiful beautiful quilts. Thank you for being here and so willing to help others. Perhaps someday Tracey, I and others that learn from everyone here can pass the knowledge on to some one else. Thank you!!!

You girls!! We have all been newbies ya know. We all started out asking questions and feeling "green" when it comes to LA quilting. This is a great place to come to find answers, encouragement or just a laugh or two. Don't be shy about asking questions. Also, there is a seach button in the upper left of this screen. You can go there and type a word or two and then go down and change the time fram to the beginning. I'm sure you will ask a question or so that has already been asked. You can find some of your answers there. Of course you can still ask, there are (I was going to say tons :D that is not good when refering to a lot of women :P) lots of very experienced LAer's here who are more than willing to help.

Originally posted by Front Porch Quilting

I'll double that, I have never been on a group where the members have been soooooo great. Pat yourselves on the back ladies!!!;):):):)

I second Roxanne! That is the only reason I felt I could open up to you all about missing my DH and no one would give me anything other than support.

You are sooooooooo right Julie. We are here for you in sharing sadness and sorrow as well. We lift each other up and hug each other......hold each other. Simply put we are one BIG family and we share everything.........including our quilting.:)

And Amen! I have so much to learn. I really love this forum. Julia, big hugs to you for your loss of your husband. They say that and the loss of a child are the worst things one can go through. Don't be hard on yourself. Grieving is a process. And, Tracey, I agree with you about this forum. Nobody cares what machine you have. We are all here to support and lift one another. I'm glad to know there are no "dumb" questions here. I just love how much support you can get. I've seen APQS tech's help solve problems with other machines. (Hey, John Mitchell);) That's what I call support!

Tracey, there are a lot of folks here that have other machine brands, not just APQS or Gammill, and frankly it does not matter what brand or model we have, we're all here because of one common thing; we love quilting. So, everyone is welcome, no matter what they use...even if they are wanna-bees like our Kenna-babe, who deserves to get a longarm; I think Kenna has waited long enough! :) This is a wonderful place to be....this familiar blue screen. It's home. I count myself very fortunate to have you all here for me, too. I think lots of us would be broken-winged birds if not for this place on the internet. Instead, we can spread our wings and fly high with lots of confidence because we can and we know there is always someone here to help us! :)

I praise the APQS folks for providing this forum for us. I just hope they keep it open forever! I haven't found another one like it. It's so easy for me to use and I especially love the people here. Everyone looks after each other in support, like Julia, and in great techniques and tips and tricks---everyone contributes.

I hope we can all meet in one place often, like MQX and MQS, Innovations, etc.-- just like a sisterhood! We may not make all the meetings, but at least once will cement the bond royally! :D

This is my first pit stop in the morning, what a wonderful group of women (and men) who have come together with a common interest. Even though I live on the other side of the world I have been made to feel so welcome.

It's funny but you feel like you "know" the ones you are chatting to. Their smiling faces beam back at you and you get to have a chat about the most extraordinary things.

Keep on chatting everyone and together we make the world a smaller place.

And some of us its the only lifeline we have outside the house....it been a God sent and a blessing for sure..... And I've yet to hear a stupid question....dumb once in awhile, but then we give dumb answers at times so that all balances out.:cool::P

I second all these opinions! When I lost my DH 7 years ago I thought my life was over. Thank god for you guys and my dear departed DH's support. He always said to follow my dream and here I am. Julia, your DH is watching over you and smiling, don't ever doubt that.

Thanks girls, you've made it so easy to face every day. A girl needs friends like you!

I love you all!

This forum has introduced me to a fabulous group of people internationally and then to a group close to home.

It is so nice to have my "thread friends" as I call you all, because for so many years when I was growing up "sewing was nerdy!" Now nerds and sewers are looked up to!!! I love that, so many of the gals my age (42 and proud of it!) are now buying machines and learning to sew.

You gals and guys are fabulous!

Brendalee

I second, third, forth, ..............all the comments on here. This is my first stop ok second (first is Starbucks) in the morning. I know my mornings can get off to a great start by reading my "to quote a phrase, thread friends" comments. I laugh, I bear tears and I go, wish I thought of that while reading. I think it's very interesting learning about other LA machines, I love my "gator" but it's interesting reading about the differences. When I retired from the Navy in 2007, I was feeling pretty lonely because it was my family for 27 years but you all were there to pick me up and make me laugh. I could go on and on but I love my friends on here and feel like I know each of you. I really believe that anytime, anywhere you all would give the shirts off your backs (well maybe put them into a quilt) to help anyone one here that needs help. Thank you, everyone.

Well said Tracey and Martha. I have had my machine for a couple of years now and this forum has been such a wonderful place for support, and laughs. I am a "lurker" because I didn't feel like I should intrude on the "regulars". But all these ladies are great. Mary Beth is so funny as is Sheri. I even remember when Shana was waiting to get her machine and now look at all the beautiful work she is doing. I also met Myrna and she is so wonderful!!!! I consider her a friend. I am also lucky to have a quilting buddy locally - doodlebug as she is known on this forum.

I recently just got through breast cancer and chemo and you ladies kept me laugh the whole time. So many of my face to face friends couldn't handle my situation and don't call or spend time with me anymore. This happens and I understand. So you never know how much you mean to us "lurkers".

Thread friends are great. YOu are all wonderful ladies and perhaps I will chime in more often!! I need to get my machine going and quilt all the quilts I pieced during my "journey"~!!!!!

So thanks for being here for all of us.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Originally posted by belquilt

....I am a "lurker" because I didn't feel like I should intrude on the "regulars"....

Dear Beth, Please..... you are never an intruder on the regular "BIG MOUTHS THAT CAN'T SHUT UP" (and that would be me) Please, dont' be a lurker... Feel free to always jump in the conversation!!! The more the merrier. :)

Originally posted by belquilt

I recently just got through breast cancer and chemo and you ladies kept me laugh the whole time.....

Beth, I am so sorry you had to endure this awful thing--brest cancer. How scary. But I am so glad that this chat here on the internet helped to keep you grounded and remain positive through your recovery. I am sending you a big hug and prayer. :)

Please always pop in here and share, even if it's two words. Life is good. Have a wonderful day!!

Lurk no more, Beth!! Jump in here and start talking. As you know from lurking, we love to know what is going on in each other's lives. As Bonnie said, sometimes this is the only connection to the outside world we have. Don't ever feel like you are intruding - everyone is welcome.

Archived